HUF Weakness Poses Risk For Housing Credits
- Outlook and Assumptions: Alternative Scenarios. // Taiwan Country Monitor;Nov2011, p4
The article discusses alternative scenarios and outlook for Taiwan's economy including the reemerging global financial crisis, worsening domestic political situation, and Chinese renminbi exchange rate increase.
- Currency crises and fixed exchange rates in the 1990s: A review. Osakwe, Patrick; Schembri, Lawrence // Bank of Canada Review;Autumn98, p23
Discusses the currency crises and fixed exchange rates during 1990s. Causes and timing of crises; Background on the crises in Latin America; Conclusions.
- Volatility of Central Europe exchange rates. Orlowski, Lucjan T.; Corrigan, Thomas D. // Russian & East European Finance & Trade;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p68
Examines the volatility of the exchange rates in Central Europe. Role of capital account liberalization and financial market integration in exchange rate stability; Remedies employed to financial problems of each countries; Impact of Asian and Russian financial crises on currencies of Central...
- The Aftermath of the Exchange Rate-Based Program and the November 2000 Financial Crisis in Turkey. Keyder, Nur // Russian & East European Finance & Trade;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p22
Examines the role of exchange rate on the financial crises suffered by Turkey. Consideration of the gross national product; Restoration of te financial sector; Structural reform of the social security system.
- Exchange Rates: Their Importance, Purpose and role in Translation. Amrhein, Denise Guithues // Multinational Business Review (St. Louis University);Fall98, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p37
Studies the Asian currency crisis, which demonstrates how critically exchange rates impact on economic developments. Definition of exchange rate; Key factor which led to the crisis; Other contributions to the crisis; Importance of exchanges rates for international trade; Examination of the...
- Malaysia: MYR Correction Overdue. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/9/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p9
The article reports on the strengthening of the Malaysian ringgit against the U.S. dollar for the first time in late April 2011 since the financial crisis in Asia in 1997.
- Which exchange rate regimes in an era of high capital mobility? Wagner, Helmut // North American Journal of Economics & Finance;Dec2000 Index Issue, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p191
This paper asks what influence increasing capital mobility has on the choice of exchange rate regime. Among exchange rate regimes considered are currency boards and dollarization. It is argued that a key lesson of the recent currency and financial crises in the emerging markets is that corner...
- Argentina's Currency Crisis: Lessons for Asia. Spiegel, Mark // FRBSF Economic Letter;8/23/2002, Vol. 2002 Issue 25, p1
Examines the currency crisis in Argentina. Currency board regime; Implications of the crises for Asian countries; Lessons from the exchange rate system of the country.
- Financial Crises and Reform of the International Financial System. Fischer, Stanley // Review of World Economics;2003, Vol. 139 Issue 1, p1
Discusses the role of the International Monetary Fund in the reform of the international financial system. Prevention of financial crisis; Foreign exchange rate systems; General data dissemination system.