A Weak Economy
- 1 Inflation and real economy outlook: 1.2 Real economy forecast. // Quarterly Report on Inflation (Magyar Nemzeti Bank);
The article details "Quarterly Report on Inflation" journal's real economy forecast for Hungary as of June 2013. It notes that Hungarian gross domestic product (GDP) may continue to be at a slower pace. The author states that economic growth could be driven by exports, along with correction of...
- Economy To Underperform Through To 2014. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the economic outlook for Hungary for 2010. It is expected that the economy will remain weak in 2010 and the real gross domestic product (GDP) will expand by only 0.1%. It is projected that the export sector will be forced to drive growth going forward. It is also...
- Risks To the Upside For Rates. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2008, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p3
The article provides an outlook for the economy of Hungary through 2010. Analysts caution that there are upside risks to their forecast but they hold their view that the Hungarian policy rate will remain on hold at 8.50% through the remainder of 2008. The country's gross domestic product (GDP)...
- Forint To Hit New Lows In 2009. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/19/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p17
The article provides an economic forecast for Hungary through 2010. Analysts have anticipated a further depreciation of the Hungarian forint despite a modest recovery in the economy of the country in the final two months of 2008. They expect the country to fall further into recession in 2009,...
- Hungary. // OECD Economic Outlook;Dec98, Vol. 1998 Issue 2, p88
Forecasts economic developments in Hungary for 1999 and 2000. Surge in domestic demand in early 1998; Projections for the rapid increase of gross domestic product (GDP); Export growth; Impact of the turmoil in financial markets surrounding the Russian collapse; Influence of international...
- EBRD raises Hungary GDP projection. // Hungary A.M.;11/12/2013, p3
The article reports that the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development is eyeing a 1.2 gross domestic product growth in Hungary in 2014 based on a report published in November 11, 2013, up from 0.9 percent in a projection released in May 2013.
- Hungary: New Year, Fresh Budgetary Prospects? // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/15/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p19
The article presents an outlook on the performance of the Hungarian economy as of January 2007. Analysts are optimistic that 2007 will be a better year after five years of budget overshoots by the Hungarian Socialist government. They reveal that a decline in fiscal deficit from 10 percent of...
- Analysts: GDP growth of 2.5% to 3% for 2014. // Hungary A.M.;5/16/2014, p1
The article presents the forecast by economic market analysts on the growth of gross domestic products (GDP) of Hungary in 2014.
- City upgrades Hungary growth forecast on robust auto sector and policy stimulus. // Hungary A.M.;11/11/2013, p6
The article reports on the announcement by JP Morgan that it had upgraded its forecast for the gross domestic product (GDP) growth of Hungary on the back of a robust automobile sector as well as fiscal and monetary easing.