Carry Trade To Weigh On Koruna
- Effects of exchange-rate and interest-rate risk on ADR pricing behavior. Bin, Feng-Shun; Morris, Gay B.; Chen, Dar-Hsin // North American Journal of Economics & Finance;Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p241
This study examines various risk factors that the value of American Depository Receipts (ADRs) might be exposed to. We found that over the 1990ï¿½2000 period: (1) ADR portfolio returns were sensitive to the movements in the US stock market, in the underlying foreign equity market, and in the...
- Cheap Money. // Time;7/7/1924, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p24
The article cites precedents for the low money rates in the U.S. in 1924. The current rate is the lowest one since the entry of the U.S. into World War I in April 1917. However, 1914, 1913, 1911 and 1912 have recorded cheaper money rates and commercial paper rates. A plan to reduce the New York...
- Financial Markets. // Canadian Economic Observer;Oct2005 Statistical Summary, Vol. 18, p53
Presents charts and graphs depicting the financial markets in Canada. Interest and exchange rates; Money supply and credit; Operating profits by major industry.
- AB Guide to African Currencies. // African Business;Jan2005, Issue 305, p9
Presents a tabular representation of the foreign exchange rates of currencies in African countries. Algeria; Angola; Benin.
- Chapter 4: Who are the actors in the world's biggest market? Williams, Robert G. // Money Changers: A Guided Tour through Global Currency Markets;2006, p35
Chapter 4 of the book "Money Changers: A Guided Tour Through Global Currency Markets" is presented. It presents a pie chart representing the customers of major currency dealers as of April 2004. It explains how most banks allow their traders room to speculate on the short-term movement of...
- MARKET MONITOR. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/17/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p19
Presents a tabular representation of foreign exchange market data as of May 17, 2004. Foreign exchange rates of the U.S. and Europe; Short term interest rates in various periods; Stock market local indexes.
- MARKET MONITOR. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/7/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p19
Presents a chart of the foreign exchange market as of June 3, 2004, based on data from Morgan Stanley Capital International. Foreign exchange rate for the Argentina's peso; Percentage of per annum of the short term interest rates.
- Learn how to play the money market. Allard, Roger // Travel Weekly (UK);10/2/2009, p8
The article presents the author's comments on the significance of dual currency deposits (DCDs) for travel operators. He affirms that through DCDs, operators can achieve better interest rates, as well as benefiting from improved exchange rates. He suggests that if a higher rate, say 1.12 for...
- ANALYSIS OF THE BEHAVIOR OF THE NEW ZEALAND DOLLAR EXCHANGE RATE: Comparison of Four Major Models. Yu Hsing // Review of Applied Economics;2009, Vol. 5 Issue 1/2, p117
The purpose of this paper is to compare four major exchange rate models. Based on the value of adjusted R2, the uncovered interest parity model performs best, followed by the purchasing power parity model using the relative PPI, the Mundell-Fleming model, and the monetary model. The unexpected...