RISK SUMMARY: CAMBODIA
- Cambodia: A heritage of violence. Prasso, Sheri // World Policy Journal;Fall94, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p71
Discusses the social and political conditions of Cambodia. Description of the culture and traditions of Cambodians; Threats to the political leadership by the Khmer Rouge rebel group; Violence related to the political conditions; Foreign intervention by Thailand and China; Foreign military support.
- TESTING THE LIMITS OF CHANGE: Cambodia's Politics After the July Elections. Lizee, Pierre P. // Southeast Asian Affairs;1999, p79
Characterizes the politics and government of Cambodia after the elections in July 1998. Invitation for membership in the Association of South-East Asian Nations; Three periods of events in 1998 marking political changes in the transition state; Factors contributing to the end of the Khmer Rouge...
- Shadowy guerrilla leader still plays key role in Cambodia. Pruzin, Daniel // Christian Science Monitor;6/30/97, Vol. 89 Issue 150, p7
Reports on politics and government in Cambodia as of June 30, 1997. The influence that Khmer Rouge founder and leader Pol Pot exerts on the nation; The tension between the co-premiers, Prince Norodom Ranariddh and Hun Sen; Amnesty talks between Ranariddh and Khieu Samphan; What Khmer Rouge...
- In the Zone. Seper, Chris // Christian Science Monitor;5/6/99, Vol. 91 Issue 112, p12
Focuses on Pailin, Cambodia as of May 6, 1999. History of the city's difficulties under the rule of the Khmer Rouge; Control of the city by former Khmer Rouge leaders under loose control of the central government and the Democratic National Unity Movement; Possibility the Khmer Rouge movement...
- Norodom Sihanouk. Burt, Jan // Norodom Sihanouk;2006, p1
Background information on Norodom Sihanouk, King-Father of Cambodia, is presented. After reigning for many years as king of Cambodia, Norodom Sihanouk abdicated the throne in 2004 due to his declining health, and was thereafter known as King-Father of Cambodia. The years of his reign were marked...
- Country Risk Summary: CAMBODIA. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jan2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the economic and political conditions in Cambodia. Effect of terrorist attack on Bali, Indonesia in October 2002 on the security of the country; Announcement of China regarding the country's foreign debt; Uncertainty about the aid provided by European Union.
- CAMOBDIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jul2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p6
The article provides an overview of the political, economic, and business conditions in Cambodia in 2010, with details on the three-day strike for wage hike and the positive trend of telecommunications sector of the country.
- CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2010, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p6
The article offers information on Cambodia's political, economic and business environment conditions.
- CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2010, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p6
The article offers several topics in Cambodia including the move of Prime Minister Hun Sen to reconcile with Thailand, the growth of the country's gross domestic product (GDP), and the increase of net sales for Star-Cell, a TeliaSonera's Cambodian subsidiary.