Trade Deficit To Peak At US$8.2bn In 2007
- Steel Groups Blast WTO Ruling. // Metal Center News;Oct2004, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p55
The article reports on objections made by several trade groups in the U.S. against World Trade Organization's ruling on the Continued Dumping and Subsidy Offset Act (CDSOA). Under the CDSOA, duties on illegal imports would go directly to affected domestic producers harmed by the dumping. The...
- Global concerns weigh on WTO trade forecasts. Barrie, Leonie // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);4/19/2015, p1
A reprint of the article "Global concerns weigh on WTO trade forecasts" by Leonie Barrie, which appeared in the April 16, 2015 issue of the online resource "just-style.com" is presented.
- World trade review may give US steel battle edge. Nuttall, Keith // Engineer (00137758);11/23/2001, Vol. 290 Issue 7579, p6
Reports on a planned review of World Trade Organization (WTO) anti-dumping rules and its implications for Europe's dispute against the U.S. over steel imports. Impact on the ability of the U.S. to erect protective duties against steel imports; Countries threatening the U.S. steel industry;...
- External Sector: Outlook. // Vietnam Country Monitor;Jan2012, p13
The article offers economic outlook on trade and external indicators in Vietnam. It states that the growth of import due to Vietnam's accession to the World Trade Organization (WTO) which would result in persistent trade and current-account deficits over the medium term. It notes that the...
- WTO lobby to save EU from egg imports. Farrant, John // Poultry World;Jul2003, Vol. 157 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the negotiations with the World Trade Organization to protect the egg production industry in the European Union (EU) from cheaper egg imports. Action taken by the British Egg Industry Council; Impact of the Hen Welfare Directive of the EU on costs of egg production.
- Back in the Real World. Brooks, Robert // Metal Producing & Processing;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p4
Comments on the declaration of the World Trade Organization (WTO) the U.S. tariffs on steel violate global trade laws. Fixation of theoretical fairness; Decision of the U.S. to appeal on the WTO ruling; Efforts of preserving integrity and security in the domestic markets.
- Government Monetary And Exchange Rate Policy. // Vietnam Tourism Report;Q4 2008, p11
The article deals with the monetary and exchange rate policy of the Vietnamese government as of the fourth quarter of 2008. It notes that the increasing trade deficits of the country was attributed to its accession to the World Trade Organisation (WTO) in January 2007. Through the gradual...
- SUPPLY SCAN. // Food Logistics;Jun2012, Issue 138, p8
This section offers news briefs relating to the U.S. food logistics industry as of June 2012. The U.S. government asked for World Trade Organization (WTO) to settle issue on India's poultry ban. A trade forecast of 4.5 billion dollars for food safety products by 2016 is given. Transportation...
- 9% Decline in Global Trade in 2009 Forecast. // Indian Textile Journal;Apr2009, Vol. 119 Issue 7, p8
The article presents an outlook on the textile industry for 2009. According to the World Trade Organization (WTO), there will be a 9% decline in export due to the collapse in global demand brought by the economic downturn. The decline is expected to be particularly severe in developed countries...