New Party Launched, But Beset By Confusion
- Political Conditions. // Thailand Country Review;2001/2002, p12
Describes the political conditions in Thailand as of July 2001. Dominant political issues; Direction of policy making; Political groups; Elections.
- Thailand: Country Forecast: Political Framework. // Political Risk Yearbook: Thailand Country Report;2005, p27
Presents information on the key political players in Thailand. Heads of state; Labor leaders; Military leaders; Political parties.
- Old Images and New Realities: Thailand's Political Economy. Fry, Gerald W. // Harvard International Review;Nov/Dec1988, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p32
The article analyzes the transitional phases of the political economy of Thailand. Summary of the rule of earlier political leaders like Kriangsak Chomanan and Prem Tinsulanonda has been given. Evidently, the new leadership in the power has to coordinate a coalition in Thailand's complex...
- AnalÃ½za promÄ›ny zastupitelÅ¯ na Ãºrovni mÄ›stskÃ½ch ÄÃ¡stÃ v BrnÄ› letech 1994-2006. Kyloušek, Jakub // Evropska Volebni Studia;2008, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p202
Each election involves the personal changes in the structure of elected authority. In some cases the only possibility to be re-elected is the nomination to the list one of the oponent political party. The analysis focuses on personal changes and the phenomenon of party-switching in Brno local...
- Party Opportunism among Local Politicians after Taiwan's Power Transition. Mattlin, Mikael // East Asia: An International Quarterly;Mar2006, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p68
This paper probes into a hypothesised opportunism towards political party affiliation among local politicians in Taiwan since the power transition from Kuomintang (KMT) to Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) rule began in 2000. Longitudinal changes in election candidates' party affiliation are...
- Government Organization. // Thailand Country Review;2001/2002, p18
Presents information about the government organization of Thailand as of 2001. Form of government; Branches of government; Administrative divisions; Political parties and leaders.
- Government Structure. // Thailand Country Review;2011, p70
The article provides an overview of the government structure of Thailand since its independence in September 1966, with details on its house of chiefs, administrative divisions, and political parties.
- Many New York politicians lean on third parties. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/22/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 17, p11A
Comments on the political leanings of New York politicians on third parties. Claim of the author that the third parties are to most significant players in state politics; Conclusion of the electoral results that electoral victories of John Lindsay, David Dinkins, and Rudy Giuliani are due to...
- Party Banning and the Impact on Party System Institutionalization in Thailand. AIM SINPENG // Contemporary Southeast Asia: A Journal of International & Strate;Dec2014, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p442
The practice of political party banning and dissolution seems at odds with democratic ideals. Since 2006, however, Thailand has witnessed the dissolution of seven parties and the banning of hundreds of politicians. This article seeks to address the causes of party banning in Thailand and its...