RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA
- Country Risk Summary: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia, Ukraine & Baltics;Jan2005, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p7
The article presents a country risk summary for Latvia as of January 2005. It reports that the country's short-term political rating remained steady in December 2004. The factors that will have an impact on economic development are mentioned. An overview of the market condition for businesses...
- Country Report: Latvia. // Latvia Country Monitor;Oct2012, p1
The article offers country report on the economic and political growth and outlook from 2009 to 2016 in Latvia. It states that despite the country's economic resilience against the weaknesses in Europe has been stronger, the growth slows down in the second half of 2012. It mentions that the...
- Country Risk Summary: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia, CIS & Baltics Monitor;Nov2002, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p11
Summarizes various risks facing Latvia as of November 2002. Impact of the formation of a possible coalition government on its powers to check corruption in the country; Economic risks facing the country; Progress of privatization and restructuring in the country.
- Country Overview. // Latvia Country Review;2011, preceding p1
The article provides an overview of the politics, geography, economy, and demography of Latvia.
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2007, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p11
The article discusses the political, economic and business risks surrounding Latvia. The country is facing a financial scandal which is believed to have negative political implications. Household loan in the country declined by 68.7 percent year-on-year. The proposed structural reforms is...
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p12
The article offers news briefs in Latvia including the political risk, economic risk and business.
- Republic of Latvia. // Background Notes on Countries of the World 2003;Oct2003 Latvia, p1
The article provides information on geography, economy and social and political conditions of the Republic of Latvia. Its geographical area is around 64,100 sq. km. It has fertile low-lying plains, predominating in central Latvia, highlands in Vidzeme and Latgale to the east and hilly moraine in...
- PROFILE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Latvia;Nov2011, p2
The article presents information on the Republic of Latvia. Its climate is temperate, maritime, with four seasons of almost equal length. The estimated population of Latvia in 2011 was 2,229,641. This entry also includes information on the country's main cities, ethnic groups, religion,...
- Background Note: Latvia. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Latvia;March 2004, p1
Provides information on Latvia. Economic conditions; Geography; Government and political conditions.