RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC
- Two Years of Massive Economic Growth. // Czech Business & Trade;2007, Issue 5/6, p5
The article provides information on the significance of the 2007 economic development in Czech Republic. The automobile industry is stated to be responsible for the fast growth of the economy which benefitted from the rapid and successful development of manufacturing. The economy has boasted two...
- A Very Good Yearï¿½. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2006, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p1
The article examines the economic condition of Czech Republic as of February 2006. Its annualized gross domestic product growth is 4.9% in the third quarter of 2005. An increasing population affects the sustainability of public finances. Reform of health and pension systems pose economic...
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Czech Republic;Aug2010, p6
This article explores the economy of the Czech Republic. The industrial base and productivity of the country are said to be benefiting from strong inflows of foreign direct investment (FDI). Economic growth rate in 2008 was 3.2%, 6.0% in 2007, 6.8% in 2006 and 6.3% in 2005. Among the economic...
- RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2007, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p6
The article presents information on the political and economic risks in Czech Republic. Prime Minister Mirek Topolanek announced that his administration will implement a single 15% flat income tax rate in 2008. According to the article, Topolanek will have to make radical measures to resolve...
- Czech Republic: Quality at Reasonable Price. Michi, AIeš // Czech Business & Trade;2009, Issue 9/10, p5
The article reports on the economic condition of the Czech Republic amidst the financial crisis in 2009. It notes that the high quality products at reasonable prices are offered despite the recession. It states that the industries underwent cost-cutting measures, and customer loyalty help will...
- THE LAST LAUGH. Mudd, Tom // Industry Week/IW;09/18/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 15, p38
Focuses on the marketing success of Skoda, a Czechoslovak car manufacturer of sedans. Sales of Skoda in 1999; Factors that lead Skoda to make cars with ugly steel boxes; Improvement made by the Volkswagen company in Skoda's management and production. INSET: NO PAIN, NO GAIN.
- Skoda Automobilova a.s. Bohata, Marie // Eastern European Economics;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p26
Features Czech Republic-based automobile manufacturer Skoda Automobilova AS. History of the firm; Organizational structure; Sector and markets; Sales and marketing.
- Czech car market heads upscale. Auer, Georg // Automotive News Europe;06/18/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p12
Reports on the market growth posted by the automobile industry in the Czech Republic. Market leadership of the automobile manufacturer Skoda; Automobile manufacturers and models in the country.
- Skoda to venture into new territory. Glover, Maurice // Automotive Engineer;Nov2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the plans of car maker Skoda Auto AS to take its CKD strategy into emerging automotive markets. Move of the company to look for investors; Plans of the company to take the VW group in Russia, Asia and Iran; Annual sales volume of the company.