Lack Of Fiscal Reform Poses Risk
- Fitch revises Bahrain outlook to negative. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/9/2015, Vol. 59 Issue 49, p20
The article reports that Bahrain's outlook has been revised from stable to negative by Fitch Ratings Ltd. With forecast of a double-digit budget deficit of 12.5% of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2015.
- CEE 2013 fiscal financing needs much lower than euro zone, Fitch says. // Regional Today;01/15/2013, p1
The article focuses on the report from Fitch Ratings regarding the need for the larger Central and Eastern European (CEE) countries to borrow â‚¬86 billion in 2013 for financing the fiscal deficits and rolling over existing debt.
- Dynamics of the Economic Transition in Poland: An Attempt at Interpretation. Jakobik, Witold // International Advances in Economic Research;May99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p167
Describes the socioeconomic changes that took place in Poland during 1989 to 1997. Methods used to assess the economic transformation; Pros and cons of the economic transition; Indicators of macroeconomic performance.
- A Pyrrhic victory. // Warsaw Business Journal;9/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p8
Comments on the air of pessimism enveloping Poland due to its worsening economic conditions despite the national soccer team's entry to the 2002 World Cup finals. Concerns on how to handle the country's budget deficit; Failure of Prime Minister Jerzy Buzek to garner support for his fiscal 2002...
- Poland needs more belt-tightening to hit deficit target, OECD says. // Regional Today;3/11/2014, p1
The article discusses Poland's need for deeper spending cuts to meet its budget deficit target in an agreement with Brussels, Belgium, according to a report by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) on March 10, 2014.
- Polish budget deficit at 37% of 2014 target. // Regional Today;4/17/2014, p3
The article reveals the budget deficit of Poland for the period ended March 2014.
- Poland's budget deficit increases in June. // Regional Today;7/16/2014, p1
The article reports on the rise in budget deficit in Poland, reaching 12.97 billion euros at the end of June 2014.
- Polish budget deficit at PLN 26.35 bln. // Regional Today;8/19/2014, p3
The article reports on the increase in the budget deficit of Poland in July 2014, according to the data released by the Ministry of Finance.
- Fiscal Deficit: The Big Macro Risk. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2011, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p1
The article focuses on the forecasts of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) for the economic and financial conditions of Poland. It mentions that budget deficit of the country is estimated at 7.6% in terms of the 2010 gross domestic product (GDP) in which it is considered as the largest...