Unemployment Dynamics Point To Convergence
- Jobless stats don't tell whole story. Miller, Keith // Slovak Spectator;02/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p7
Deals with the increasing unemployment rate in Slovakia. Percentage of false unemployment; Comment from Jan Toth, an analyst from ING Barings company; Status of employment in the country.
- Chapter 2. Employment. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Apr2003, Issue 13, p18
Provides information on statistical and economic data on the labor force and employment in Montenegro in the year ending May 2003. Change in unemployment rate; Decrease in the official number of unemployed persons; Share of unrecorded activity in labor force.
- Jobless rate higher. // OECD Observer;Dec2003, Issue 240, p4
Reports on the increase in jobless rate in OECD countries in September 2003. Percentage of the increase in France and in the U.S.
- Jobless Claims Drop 25,000 to 303,000. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32262, p2
Reports that first-time applications for state unemployment has dropped sharply from 25 thousand to 300 thousand in the week ended November 12, 2005 in Washington.
- It Can't be Done. Lorimer, George Horace // Saturday Evening Post;1/25/1936, Vol. 208 Issue 30, p22
Focuses on the difficulties and complexities in relieving unemployment rate in the U.S. Projects proposed by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt to make employment; Acceptance of the billion-dollar Relief Act for employment projects by the Administration; Actions made by the government in...
- Chapter 2. Employment. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Dec2002, Issue 12, p18
Provides information on statistical and economic data on the labor force and employment in Montenegro in 2002. Change in unemployment rate; Decrease in the official number of unemployed persons; Share of unrecorded activity in labor force.
- Jobless Rate Better In Regions, States. Newman, Emify // Bond Buyer;10/25/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31996, p2
Reports on the decline of the unemployment rate in all the four regions of the U.S. Identification of the South as the region with the lowest jobless rate; Percentage of the national unemployment rate in September of 2004; Effect of weather conditions on unemployment rate.
- Current Employment Problems. Kotliar, A. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jun92, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the employment problems in Russia. Manpower shortage and layoff; Economic nature of unemployment; Nature of labor activity.
- Regional Activity: Fourth District Employment Conditions, September. Fee, Kyle D. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov2008, p25
The article reports on the employment conditions in Fourth District counties as of September 2008. The District's unemployment remained steady at 6.9% for the period, with the flat unemployment rate being attributed to relatively small changes in the number of people employed. West Virginia and...