RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2006, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p11
Presents information on the political and economic risks and business conditions in Latvia in 2006. Decision of former foreign affairs minister Sandra Kalniete to join New Era, the country's most popular political party; Possible decline of annual average inflation; Growth of exports in 2005.
- Country Reports: Latvia. // Latvia Country Monitor;2015, p1
A country report for Latvia is presented from publisher IHS Inc., with topics including economic growth, country risk ratings, political and business risks and international trade relations.
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p11
The article presents economic and political risk assessment for Latvia for 2007 and 2008. The country receives a political risk rating of 84.8. The possibility that the disagreement over presidential nomination will cause political instability is minimal. Annual inflation rate for 2007 is...
- Latvia. // International Country Risk Guide Annual: Latvia;2012, p87
The article presents a country risk analysis for Latvia for year 2012. The assessment provides the country's political, financial, economic and composite risk ratings. It offers a commentary on key events, political challenges and policy implications facing the country, including the impact of...
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2011, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p12
The article offers information on the political risk, economic risk and business conditions in Latvia which includes the 2011 draft budget prescribed by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for public finance reforms, the revision for the third quarter gross domestic product (GDP) estimate for...
- Deepening slump may herald long-awaited turn in interest rates. Nagan, Peter S.; Kaufman, Kenneth A. // ABA Banking Journal;May80, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on implications of the anti-inflation measures for short- and long-term interest rates in the U.S. Appraisal of the White House/Federal Reserve anti-inflation moves; Assessment of the impact of consumer credit controls; Significance of expectations of a recession for interest-rate outlook.
- Interest rate a benchmark for a country's risk? Engelbrecht, Piet; Luus, Christo // Finance Week;7/14/2003, p43
Discusses the benchmarks for a country's sovereign risk. Use of interest rate; Strength of a country's currency.
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2009, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p12
The article presents the risk summary of Latvia in terms of political, economic and business environment. It states that the intra-coalition stability is at risk if the parliament would fail to approve the government's proposed 2010 budget. It mentions the suspension of Dzintars Jakans, head of...
- Boom, Bust, Recovery Forensics of the Latvia crisis. Blanchard, Olivier; Griffiths, Mark; Gruss, Bertrand // Brookings Papers on Economic Activity;Fall2013, p1
The article reports on the economic conditions in Latvia from 2000 to 2013. During the period of economic boom, nominal gross domestic product (GDP) of Latvia was 22 billion euros in 2012; and the economy was open, in which trade openness, which is the ratio of exports to GDP, was 60 percent....