New Political Ratings Methodology
- Political Risk Rating Dynamics. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Jul2007, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p3
The article presents the results of the revised Biography Master Index's (BMI) Short-Term and Structural Political Ratings when used in biographical data. After applying structural and short-term ratings for each country's data, it was found out that Macedonia, Bosnia and Serbia all fall into...
- New Political Ratings Methodology. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Jul2007, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p2
The article focuses on the revised Short-Term and Structural Political Ratings to be used by Biography Master Index (BMI) in assesing one country's political risk. The new methodology is composed of Structural Ratings, which considers characteristics of polity and of state, scope of state, and...
- Oil And Gas Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology. // Brazil Oil & Gas Report;Q1 2012, Issue 1, p98
The article provides information on the methodology used by "Business Monitor International" (BMI) to make its oil and gas risk/reward ratings for Brazil in the first quarter of 2012. It says that the proprietary Country Risk Ratings (CRR) of BMI was used in a more defined way to ensure than...
- RISK SUMMARY: CAMBODIA. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Feb2008, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p6
The article presents the political and economic risks, as well as the business environment in Cambodia in 2008. The country filed a complaint to UN secretary General Ban Ki-moon regarding special rapporteur Yash Ghai, proposing that he be replaced after his latest damning human rights assessment...
- Tensions Mount, Ratings Fall. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Apr2009, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p6
The article presents a political outlook for Nicaragua for 2009. Social unrest due to election disputes is expected to remain. Political risk rating is likely to worsen as the government adopts harsher measures to quench opposition forces who contest the results of 2008 municipal elections....
- Political Risk Index. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Bosnia & Herzegovina Country Review;2013, p37
The article offers information on the methodology used by "CountryWatch" for measuring the Political Risk Index for various countries.
- Country Risk Summary: URUGUAY. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Apr2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p8
Presents the country risk rating of Uruguay as of April 2003. Cancellation of the informal party alliance between Partido Nacional and Partido Colorado; Outlook on the slowdown of the economy for the first quarter of 2003; Downgrade of the credit rating given by ratings agency Fitch.
- Country Risk Summary: Uruguay. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Oct2004, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p8
Presents information on the country risk and economic indicators summary in Uruguay as of October 1, 2004. Factors that affect short-term political rating; Efforts of government officials to buy back debt and reduce future interest payments; Information on the agreement between U.S. and Uruguay...
- Country Risk Summary: JAMAICA. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Aug2003, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p9
Presents a country risk summary for Jamaica as of August 2003. Short-term political rating; Reason for the cut in the credit rating of Moody's Investor Services for Jamaica in May 2003; Importer problems experienced as a result of the weakening currency.