Regional Co-operation To Boost Tourism And Energy
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Laos;Oct2005, p4
Presents information on the economic condition of Laos as of October 2005. Dominance of agriculture in its economy; Replacement of its private sector with state enterprises and cooperatives in 1975; Agreement of the Lao government with the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund on...
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Laos;Aug2005, p4
Focuses on the economic conditions of Laos. Estimated per capita income in 2002; Economic reforms approved by the Lao government in 1989, in partnership with the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund; Economic impact of the Asian financial crisis.
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Laos;Sep2006, p4
The article presents information on the economic conditions in Laos. In 2004, the country's per capita income was estimated to be $390. Its economy relies heavily on foreign assistance and concessional loans as investment sources for economic development. the Lao government reached an agreement...
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Cambodia;Jun2008, p8
The article presents information on the foreign relations of Cambodia. Diplomatic relations have been established by Cambodia with most countries, including the U.S. Its affiliations include the United Nations (UN), the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the Association of Southeast...
- Increasing tax revenue. Ahmed, Sultan // Economic Review (05318955);Dec2005, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p58
The article reports on the urging of the International Monetary Fund, World Bank, and Asian Development Bank for the Pakistani government to raise the gross domestic product ratio tax. The move is to enhance the recovery after the 2005 earthquake that devastated several parts of the country. It...
- IMF credits & loans: Laos. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p36
Reports on the status of credits and loans of Laos in the International Monetary Fund. Approval of a three-year loan; Objectives of the 1993-1995 economic program; Trade statistics.
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Democratic Socialist;May2008, p9
The article discusses the foreign relations of Sri Lanka where it participates in multilateral diplomacy, particularly at the United Nations. The country was a founding member of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) and a member of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC), the...
- Economic Conditions. // Laos Country Review;2001/2002, p20
Describes economic conditions in Laos, as of 2001. Overview of the domestic economy; Key economic indicators; Economic performance in the 1990s; Balance of payments.
- Macroeconomic Activity Data Tables. // Laos Country Review;2001/2002, p22
Presents statistics on macroeconomic activity in Laos, through 2000. Gross domestic product; Employment by sector; Money supply.