DATA & FORECASTS
- Expansion To Be Boosted By FDI. // Africa Monitor: North Africa Monitor;Jan2008, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the continuous expansion of the hydrocarbons sector and the ongoing economic diversification in Libya which help in the growth of gross domestic product (GDP) of about four to five percent over 2007-2012. Business Monitor International (BMI) forecasts that in 2008, Brent...
- Chapter 5: BMI Global Assumptions. // West Caribbean Business Forecast Report;2011 4th Quarter, Issue 4, p39
The article presents the global economic outlook of Business Monitor International (BMI) from 2009 to 2015, including global assumptions on real gross domestic product (GDP) growth, consumer inflation, and interest rates.
- Vietnam: External Headwinds Prompt Downward Growth Revision. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/10/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p10
The article presents an economic outlook for Vietnam for 2011-2012. Vietnam's real gross domestic product (GDP) growth is projected at 6.0% in 2011 and by 6.9% in 2012. It notes the downside risks posed by a slowdown in the manufacturing sector to external demand. Also expected is depress...
- WAKING UP THE NORTH. Johnson, Kay // Time International (South Pacific Edition);5/1/2006, Issue 17, p54
The article compares the industrial and economic progress of Hanoi, North Vietnam and South Vietnam. With increasing investment from foreign manufacturers like Fujitsu, LG Electronics and Daewoo, Hanoi has even overtook Ho Chi Minh, South Vietnam and captured $1.6 billion as foreign direct...
- Vietnam takes away from China as Hanoi rocks. // EuroProperty;3/3/2008, p60
The article discusses how Vietnam is overtaking China in terms of economic development and attracting foreign investment. Productivity has helped provide Vietnam with an average gross domestic product (GDP) growth rate of 7.1 percent over the past 10 years second in the region only to China....
- Executive Summary. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2011 4th Quarter, Issue 4, p5
The article provides an overview of the economic outlook for Vietnam from 2011-2012 in which gross domestic product (GDP) is expected to increase to 7.2% while policy rate will remain on hold at 14% before easing the monetary policy.
- Chapter 3: 10-Year Forecast. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2011 4th Quarter, Issue 4, p21
The article forecasts the long-term economic condition of Vietnam for 2011-2020 wherein foreign investment into the manufacturing sector will continue to drive growth while the government is targeting 7.0-7.5% annual real gross domestic products (GDP) growth in 2011-2016.
- Q110 GDP Indicative Of Decelerating Economy. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2010, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p5
The article offers information on the Q110 gross domestic product (GDP) as an economic indicator in Vietnam. It states that a gross domestic product growth of the country at 5.8 percent with the service sector as the main contributor of the growth as the General Statistics Office has been...
- Macroeconomic Forecast. // Israel Defence & Security Report;Q4 2010, p73
The article presents the macroeconomic forecast for Israel by Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) for the first quarter of 2010. It mentions that Israel's potential war with Hizbullah in Lebanon will likely deter foreign investment into the country and undermine business confidence,...