DATA & FORECASTS
- DATA & FORECASTS. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Oct2005, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p6
The article presents statistical information and forecasts related to economic indicators of Cambodia during the period 2003-06. Cambodia is to grow by 4.0% in 2005. Cambodia's textile sector is holding up better than expected. The textile sector was expected to be hard hit following the expiry...
- GDP Size & Its Impact on World Economy. Haraoka, Naoyuki // Economy, Culture & History Japan Spotlight Bimonthly;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p52
The article explores the relationship between the growth of a country's gross domestic product (GDP) and its effect on the world economy. According to the author, forecasts offer a prediction that the countries such as the U.S., European Union (EU), and China will become an important presence in...
- Cambodia Communications. // 1992 CIA World Factbook;3/1/2006, p191
A section of the book "The World Factbook 1992" which discusses Cambodia communications is presented. It offers information on the defense forces of the country, as well as its inland waterways, ports and telecommunications. It elaborates the country's branches of defense forces, manpower...
- Global Outlook. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2009, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p8
The article presents the economic outlook for the international economy through 2010. According to the report of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI), the global economy will fall to -2.3% in 2009 due to the downward revisions to major economies such as Germany, Japan, and the U.S....
- Economists see soft landing. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p15
The article reports on the result of a survey on trends followed by global economy in 2006. It is reported that in the fourth quarter of 2006, the global economy is expected to slow a slight decrease. The overall index of global economy declined in the second quarter of 2006 too. Further, the...
- A long and winding road: trips and the evolution of an international competition framework. Smith, PM // Journal of International Economic Law;Sep99, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p435
Discusses the significance of the agreement on trade-related aspects of Intellectual Property Rights prepared for the World Trade Organization's (WTO) Symposium on Competition Policy and the Multilateral Trading System on international competition. Obligations of WTO on procedural fairness...
- Deepening of Multilateral Integration in the WTO. Faber, Gerrit // Japanese Economy;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p54
Examines the multilateral integration in the World Trade Organization. Reasons for the existence of regulatory trade barriers; Description of the progress of deep integration in the world economy; Outlook on deep integration in the world economy.
- WTO: Trend towards increased regionalism could be reversed. // International Trade Forum;2014, Issue 2, p6
The article focuses on a working paper released by the World Trade Organization (WTO) which forecasts a decline in the share of trade within major regional trade agreements in 2035.
- WTO expecting modest growth. // Indian Textile Journal;May2014, Vol. 124 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on a growth in world trade in 2014, based on forecasts from the World Trade Organization economists, and mentions a slowdown in world trade growth in 2013.