FTA To Encourage Greater Political Stability
- Tempers Rising over Trade. Byron, Christopher; Bolte, Gisela; Reingold, Edwin M. // Time;Feb1982, Vol. 119 Issue 5, p62
The article reports on the struggle of the U.S. administration to convince Japan to open its domestic market to more foreign imports. It states that the U.S. government has continued to persuade Japan to open up its market to foreigners if it intends to avoid equal protectionism in the U.S....
- Japan, Mexico Agree to Conclude FTA. // Economy, Culture & History Japan Spotlight Bimonthly;May/Jun2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p4
Announces that Japan and Mexico finally agreed to conclude a bilateral free trade agreement (FTA) after 16 months of negotiations. Aim of the Japanese government; Terms of the FTA between the two countries; Amount of losses by the Japanese government a year from not having a FTA with Mexico.
- FTAs and Japan. Fukunari, Kimura // Economy, Culture & History Japan Spotlight Bimonthly;May/Jun2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p6
Argues that the basic design of the East Asian Free Trade Agreement (EFTA) has been assigned to Japan. Advantages of Free Trade Areas; Reason developing countries seek free trade agreements; Impact of the EFTA on the Japanese economy.
- Japan eyes Pacific trade pact concessions as talks with US begin. // American Journal of Transportation;2/24/2014, Issue 574, p14
The article reports on the start of negotiations between the U.S. and Japan regarding the free trade deal of the U.S. in 2014. Topics covered include the details of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) pact, impact of the pact on tariffs and challenges related to the pact. Also mentioned are the...
- Japan: Rich and Unloved. // Time;1/21/1974, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p47
The article reports on the protest of Thai students against the visit of Japan Premier Kakuei Tanaka in Bangkok, Thailand. It mentions the hope of Tanaka that his agreement to meet to with powerful student leaders of the National Student Center of Thailand had defused plans for mass...
- Economic Structure and Context: Trade Profile. // Thailand Country Monitor;Nov2011, p19
The article offers information on the international trade of Thailand. It states that Japan and the U.S. have been the main export markets of the country, wherein their share in overall exports surged for 15 years. It says that its main import sources are the major export destinations. Several...
- South Korean Trade Policy and FTAs. Kim, Chulsu // Economy, Culture & History Japan Spotlight Bimonthly;May/Jun2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p10
Explains that the South Korean government is interested in realizing a trilateral free trade agreement (FTA) among Northeast Asian countries in the long term, with the ultimate goal of forming an East Asian Free Trade Agreement. Reason South Korea decided to negotiate an FTA with Chile in...
- Philippine Trade Policy and the Japan-Philippines Economic Partnership Agreement (JPEPA). VAN DE HAAR, EDWIN // Contemporary Southeast Asia: A Journal of International & Strate;Apr2011, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p113
Taking the problematic ratification of the Japan-Philippines Economic Partnership Agreement (JPEPA) as a focal point, this article aims to determine the current state and future prospects of Philippine trade policy. Utilizing a multi-level approach, the motives and actions of the Philippines are...
- Action opens Australia for business. Hiebl, Andrew // CEI Asia;May2014, p12
The article offers the author's insights on the actions that opens the business relations for Australia which include the Japan-Australia Economic Partnership Agreement, the signed Free Trade Agreement with South Korea, and the agreement with China.