FX Wake-Up Call
- Country Intelligence: Report: Latvia. // Latvia Country Monitor;Dec2012, p1
The article provides an overview of the economic and financial condition of Latvia as of November 16, 2012. It expects that the growth of the country's economy will slow down in the remaining part of the year and the first half of 2013. It policy is targeted to its euro adoption, repayment of...
- THE OPTIMIZATION OF NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT PLANNING SYSTEM AS A PRECONDITION FOR COMPETITIVENESS AND SUSTAINABILITY OF NATIONAL ECONOMY. Vitola, Alise; Senfelde, Maija // Economics & Management;2010, p325
The objective of this paper is to make conclusions regarding the development planning system in Latvia, as well as to give suggestions for the optimization of development planning system with an aim to promote sustainable development of national economy. As a result an updated and enlarged model...
- Latvia inflation accelerates in August. // Regional Today;9/9/2014, p1
The article reports that Latvia's annual inflation accelerated in August in 2014.
- Inflation To Ease On Moderating Growth. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p12
The article presents an economic outlook of Latvia for 2012. It forecasts that the country's economic growth will slow in 2012, given that the external climate has become less supportive of economic expansion. It projects that consumer price inflation will average to 4.8% in 2012 based on the...
- Latvia inflation sharply slows in January. // Regional Today;02/11/2013, p1
The article reports on data from the Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia which showed that the consumer price inflation of Latvia slowed to its lowest level in more than two years in January 2013.
- Latvia inflation rises slightly in Feb. // Regional Today;3/11/2014, p1
The article reports on Latvia's slight increase in inflation in February 2014 due to higher prices in hotels and restaurants, recreation and culture, and food, according to the Central Statistical Bureau in its capital Riga.
- Latvia producer price inflation eases in March. // Regional Today;4/24/2014, p1
The article reports that the producer price inflation of Latvia slowed in March 2014 after accelerating in February 2014 according to a state released by the Central Statistical Bureau in Riga, Latvia, wherein producer prices in Latvia reduced by 0.2 percent in March 2014.
- Budget Over-Performs But Remains Expansionary. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p11
The article examines the economic conditions in Latvia. The government has yet to finalize its budgetary strategy for 2007 and beyond, and is unlikely to target a fiscal surplus, according to the country's central bank and the International Monetary Fund. Its budget deficit will decline to about...
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2007, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p11
The article presents information on the political and economic risks in Latvia. Prime Minister Aigars Kalvitis asked the country's law enforcement agencies to track down the individual who sent the first message about the central bank planning to devaluate the lat against the euro. Latvia's...