RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA
- Background Note: Slovakia. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: The Slovak Republic;May 2004, p1
Provides background notes on Slovakia. Population; Government and political conditions; Economic background; Relationship with the U.S.
- RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2006, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p8
The article presents information on the political, economic and business risks in Slovakia. The Smer-led government cancelled the privatisation plans of the previous administration and approved a reduction in the value-added tax rate on pharmaceuticals. Due to the potential inflationary impact...
- PROFILE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: The Slovak Republic;August 2005, p1
Provides information on Slovakia. History; Government; Economic conditions; Foreign relations.
- Slovakia. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: The Slovak Republic;1/24/2011, p1
The article presents information on the Slovak Republic. It has a total land area of 48.845 square kilometers. As of May 2011, the estimated population of the country was 5,379,455. Ethnic groups include Slovaks, Hungarians, Roma, Czechs, Ruthenians, and Ukrainians, while religious affiliations...
- CIA - The World Factbook -- Slovakia. // CIA World Fact Book;2007, p205
An encyclopedia entry for Slovak Republic is presented. Slovakia is located in central Europe, south of Poland. Its climate is temperate and some of its natural resources are brown coal and lignite, and copper. The estimated population of the country in July 2006 was 5,439,448. This entry also...
- RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2006, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p8
The article provides an update on the condition of the economic and political environment in Slovakia. The relationship of Slovakia with neighbor Hungary appear to be in jeopardy after indications that the inclusion of the far-right Slovak National Party in the new governing coalition in...
- Slovakia. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: The Slovak Republic;Jul2010, p1
The article offers information about the Slovak Republic. It has an area of 48,845 square kilometers and an annual population growth rate of 0.13% as of 2001. The capital of Slovakia is Bratislava and it is surrounded with high mountains in the north, low mountains in the center, hills to the...
- Country Risk Summary: SLOVAKIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Feb2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p8
Provides information on the political and economic risks in Slovakia in the year 2003. Description of the referendum on European Union membership; Impact of increase in inward investment on the economy; Proposal of the government to privatize the energy and communication utilities.
- Key Challenges For 2011. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2011, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the forecasts of Business Monitor International (BMI) Ltd. on the challenges of Slovakia's government coalition in 2011. BMI mentions the factors that will test Slovakia in implementing fiscal consolidation and sustainability including its membership in Eurozone and...