RISK SUMMARY: POLAND
- Poland: Room For Another 25bps Cut? // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p15
Reports on the move of the National Bank of Poland to cut interest rates in August 2005. Increase in year-on-year retail sales; Overview of political conditions in the country; Status of government spending.
- POLAND: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2005, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p4
The article focuses on the political, economic and business risks of Poland. Following the parliamentary elections in September, the Law and Justice party and the Civic Platform have begun negotiations to form a governing coalition. National Bank of Poland monetary policy council member Andrzej...
- Never know what you're going to get. Shockley, Paul // Warsaw Business Journal;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p2
Discusses the January 9, 2001 meeting attended by monetary policymakers and government officials after weeks of public feuding over interest rate cuts. Government threats of new legislation that would hike the number of the Monetary Policy Council; Government's aim to simulate the economy;...
- One More Hurdle Before EU Accession. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;May2003, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p4
Presents news items related to the political and economic condition of Poland as of May 2003. Prospects of Poland's accession to the European Union; Reduction in interest rates by the Bank of Poland despite political and economic uncertainty.
- Poland: Growth Peaking In H106? // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/14/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p16
The article discusses the impact of political uncertainties on economic conditions in Poland. The political uncertainties in Poland include the successive cabinet reshuffles, a coalition deal with populist factions and a prime ministerial replacement. It offers information on the labour market,...
- Poland: Country Forecast: Comment & Analysis. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2003, p11
Comments on the state of politics and economics in Poland as of October 2002. Implication of the resignation of Finance Minister Marek Belka for body politic and the financial system; Inclination of the central bank to maintain a tight monetary policy; Referendum on Polish membership in the...
- Country Risk Summary: POLAND. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;May2004, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p4
The article focuses on political and economic risks of Poland. Following his departure from the ruling SLD party, Polish Prime Minister Leszek Miller has confirmed that he will also resign as prime minister with effect from May 2, 2004. The struggle to replace Miller has so far been...
- CEE FX: Political Rows Rumble On. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/7/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 45, p12
Deals with the political and economic conditions in Poland as of March 2005. Political challenges faced by Prime Minister Marek Belka; Growth in the real gross domestic product in 2004; Change in the monetary policy of the National Bank of Poland.
- Country Forecast. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2009, p2
The article forecasts the economic and political conditions of the country Poland. It states that the main hindrance to Polish ratification of the Libson Treaty was the Kaczynski brothers and that there is a need for a referendum to secure ratification. The tightening monetary policy is believed...