FX-Denominated Loans: More Growth Ahead?
- HUF: High Yielder To Take A Hit. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/16/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p14
The article reports on the prospects of the Hungarian forint. The currency has depreciated by 2.4 percent since June 2008, and is nearing its key support level at HUF248:ï¿½1. The exchange rate may hit 262:1 should the forint break through 250:1, predict the authors. Interest rate hikes by...
- Will The DOP Stop? // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/23/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 39, p14
The article predicts the performance of the Dominican Republic's peso in the foreign exchange market. The factors that drove the peso to depreciate against the U.S. dollar are given. Investors interest in the country could propel the peso to gain up to 28.00 against the dollar. It discusses some...
- A Firm Profile. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/1/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p16
Presents a currency forecast for Hungary from 2005 to 2006. Projected account deficit of the gross domestic product; Outlook for the inflation rate; Risks to outlook.
- Hungary: Far From Out Of The Woods. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/10/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 37, p12
Presents an economic outlook for Hungary in 2005. Overview of the country's budget and current account deficit; Performance of the Hungarian forint against the euro in the foreign exchange market; Outlook for the treasury bill and treasury bond.
- Dynamics of parallel and official exchange rates: The... Kutan, Ali M. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Mar1998, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p54
Presents a study which showed empirical evidence on the dynamics of dual foreign exchange markets in Hungary during the 1980-1983 period. Methodology; History on the economic aspects of Hungary; Conclusions.
- QUESTION OF THE WEEK. // Budapest Business Journal;12/9/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p21
Highlights a survey conducted by the newspaper 'Budapest Business Journal' in December 2002, which shows how readers imagine Hungary in 2012. Prediction that the country's economy could overtake those of its Western partners; Percentage of respondents saying that Hungary will be a pricey and...
- Answers, answers. // Budapest Business Journal;1/13/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p21
Lists questions about the economic condition of Hungary. Valuation of the forint; Growth of exports; Budget deficit; Privatization; Business relations with Russia; Liberalization of the telecommunications industry.
- Chapter 5: Key Sectors. // Hungary Business Forecast Report;2010 4th Quarter, p39
The article presents the economic status and forecasts on Hungary's power and retail industry which includes power generation capacity, gross domestic product (GDP) growth, and retail sales.
- HUF: Heading To HUF250.00/EUR By End-2010. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/18/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p16
The article analyzes the foreign exchange market performance of the Hungarian forint (HUF). The forint has traded within the narrow range of HUF264.00-280.00/euro and it remains to be relatively stable. The author believes that a breach of HUF264.00/euro would be a positive sign that the...