Bad News For Consumers In 2007
- Consumer confidence rises in Hungary, still lowest among 60 countries, Nilsen survey. // Regional Today;10/31/2013, p1
The article reports on the results of a survey conducted by research company Nielsen which revealed the improvement of Hungary in the Nielsen Global Consumer Confidence Index for the third quarter of 2013.
- Promises, promises. // Budapest Business Journal;11/4/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p21
Criticizes the economic policy of the Hungarian government. Liberalization of the residential telecommunications market in the area of local telephone operators; Partial liberalization of the electric power market.
- On Openness. Prager, Laszlo // Soviet & Eastern European Foreign Trade;Summer88, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p93
Examines the concept of 'economic openness' and its practical application in Hungary. Internal aspects of openness; Distinction between historical openness and actual traits of openness; Historical nature of the economic openness of Hungary; External opening and domestic shutdown between 1974...
- PENSION EDGE: MICK McCATEER. McAteer, Mick // Money Marketing;5/13/2004, p34
Comments on the possible impact of the British government's decision to increase price caps of insurance company pensions on efforts to restore consumer confidence. Concern on the high level of debts and property values; Need for consumers to increase their contributions to provide the same...
- Retail Apparel Prices Climb In March. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/16/2012, Vol. 203 Issue 79, p2
The article discusses the pricing strategies of apparel retailers. The author explains that the U.S. Labor Department's Consumer Price Index shows seasonal apparel prices have risen parallel to costs of food and transportation, reflecting a decline in consumer spending and market confidence....
- HOLIDAY OUTLOOK GLUM. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;10/3/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p3
The article focuses on record-high gas prices in Chicago, Illinois. A 40% projected jump in home heating bills in winter 2005 and, after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, the lowest consumer confidence level in two years, it's shaping up to be a frugal holiday shopping season. Wal-Mart Stores Inc....
- Twin Headache For Budapest. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p2
The government is using benign inflation and borrowing-cost trends to buy time over detailed state-sector reforms. BMI View: Although it may not help it to rebuild its vote at this month's local elections, the opposition's criticism of the new government carries some weight. The government is...
- 1. KEY ISSUES AND CHALLENGES. // OECD Economic Surveys: Hungary;May2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 2, p18
Examines the issues and challenges faced by the Hungarian economy in achieving and maintaining international competitiveness. Information on the economic condition of Hungary; Difficulties in setting a macroeconomic policy towards entering the European Monetary Union; Factors affecting the...
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Hungary;March 2005, p9
Focuses on the economic conditions in Hungary. Orientation of the Hungarian economy prior to World War II toward agriculture and small scale manufacturing; Development of a two-tier banking system in 1988; Market reforms with price and trade liberation measures in the Antall government of 1990-1994.