Border Regions Increase Need For Tax Reform
- Laos: Reduced Investment Weighing On Growth. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/11/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p9
An economic outlook for Laos for 2009-2012 is presented. Gross domestic product (GDP) growth is expected to slow to 4.0% in 2009 and rise to 5.3% in 2010 amid an improving global economy. It expects reduced investments in hydropower plants as a result of prolonged uncertainty over Thailand's...
- Laos. // Serbia & Montenegro Defence & Security Report;Q3 2008, p33
Laos's GDP growth has been boosted in recent years as neighbours China, Thailand and Vietnam compete for its natural resources. GDP expansion in 2007 has been estimated at 7.6% and we see annual growth remaining above 7% for our five-year forecast period. The potential overdependence on trade...
- Reduced Investment Weighing On Growth. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2009, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on 2009-2010 gross domestic product (GDP) growth forecast for Laos given by the Business Monitor International Inc. (BMI). According to the BMI, the GDP growth in Laos was an estimated 7.2% in 2008 due to the expansion of hydropower and mining production. However, the BMI...
- LAOS Exiguous Evidence of Economic Reform and Development. Freeman, Nick J. // Southeast Asian Affairs;2004, p125
Looks into the economic reform and development in Laos. Average annual growth rate of the country's gross domestic product; Consistency of the trade and current account deficit; Increase in the price for rice and oil.
- Agriculture And Stimulus Boost Growth Forecasts. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Nov2009, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p7
The article forecasts the economic condition of Laos for 2009-2010. The country's economy is expected to see a higher growth for two years, as the effects of capital investment and lower exports are partly offset by the country's strong agricultural performance and a sizeable fiscal stimulus....
- Sitel TV news (20 May). // Macedonian Electronic Media Digest;5/21/2014, p2
The article offers news briefs related to Macedonia as of May 21, 2014 including gross domestic product (GDP) growth, Aleksandar Novakovski, former President of the State Election Commission, on lawsuit by the opposition party and hydro power plants.
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Laos;5/6/2010, p6
The article offers information on the economy of Laos as of May 2010. It was estimated that the country's per capita income was 878 dollars in 2009. Its economy was reportedly dominated by agriculture, which employed an estimated 75% of the population and producing 37% of gross domestic product...
- DATA & FORECASTS. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Feb2008, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the economic forecasting in Laos. The country's GDP growth remain high in coming years as Laos' neigbours are locked in an intensifying battle for its energy and natural resources. The author inferred that as the Laotian government undertakes to follow the path of China,...
- Real GDP and GDP Per Capita. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Laos Country Review;2013, p59
A table is presented that lists Laos' real gross domestic product (GDP) and GDP per capita from 2007 to 2011.