Is EU Membership Living Up To Expectations?
- Reflections on the Enlarging EU (From a Longue Dureï¿½ Perspective). Whitehead, Laurence // Polish Quarterly of International Affairs;Winter2008, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p142
The article offers discussion regarding the development of European Union (EU). It focuses on the changed position of the new member states of EU. It highlights the relationships of its members with the older members of the club. It is pointed out that the EU is divided along various dimensions...
- AB-TÃœRKÄ°YE MALÄ° Ä°LÄ°ÅžKÄ°LERÄ°NÄ°N DEÄžERLENDÄ°RÄ°LMESÄ°. Çokgezen, Jale Yalınpala; Yıldırım, Ekrem // Journal of the Cukurova University Institute of Social Sciences;2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p147
EU provides financial aid to both member and non-member countries in the context of collective development principle of the Union. Major aim of these aids is eliminating economic differences among countries. The aids are financed either through the EU budget or European Investment Bank based on...
- Vote Warns Against Complacency. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;May2003, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p1
Hungarians decided overwhelmingly in favour of European Union (EU) accession in mid-April 2003 with an 84 percent of the popular vote. Support for joining the European bloc has always been high, and the vote always looked likely to be approved. However, turnout was disappointing at just 46...
- From Association Agreements to Full Membership? Inotai, Andras // Russian & East European Finance & Trade;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on trends in developments and challenges that the Central and East European Countries (CEEC) and the European Union (EU) is likely to face. Adjustment criteria preceding CEEC membership; Developments n sensitive areas like agriculture and financial transfers; Proposals alternative to...
- Lithuania Endorses EU Accession...As Poland Hopes To Follow Suit. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/19/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p15
States that Lithuania and Poland are determined to become a member of the European Union (EU). Approval of accession to the European Union by Lithuania; Percentage of voters who favored union membership in Lithuania; Results of referendum in Poland on the issue of EU membership.
- Roma Children in Scotland. // Children's Services Parliamentary Monitor;Oct2009, Issue 36, p709
The article discusses the condition of the Roma children from European Union member nations who are living in Scotland.
- Ankara Seethes as Parliamentary Reforms Fail to Open Door to EU. Gorvett, Jon // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Dec2002, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p31
Focuses on the reaction of Turkish politicians and media to the European Commission's rejection of Turkey's accession to the European Union. Anger over the acceptance of Cyprus's application for EU accession; Call for recognition of Turkey's political and economic reforms; Resolutions taken by...
- No-frills carriers unlikely to rush in. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;4/14/2003, Issue 2559, p32
Reports on the membership of Malta in the European Union. Way of boosting the economy of the country; Opposition of the labor unions on the membership move; Improvement of domestic tourism.
- Veterinary representation on the Animals in Science Committee. Ehall, Helmut // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;10/26/2013, Vol. 173 Issue 16, p404
The article announces that the Animals in Science Committee (ASC) is seeking additional memberships with expertise in the veterinary field to represent the profession in providing impartial, balanced and objective advice to animal welfare agencies within the European Union.