RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA
- Background Note: Lithuania. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Lithuani;Dec2004, p1
Presents geographic and demographic information on Lithuania. Climate; Type of government; Political parties established in the country; Economic conditions.
- PROFILE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Lithuani;3/ 1/2011, p2
This article presents information on Lithuania. Its climate is humid continental, with a moderating maritime influence from the Baltic Sea. The estimated population of Lithuania in 2011 is 3,239,032. This entry also includes information on the country's main cities, ethnic groups, religion,...
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2005, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p12
The article discusses political and economic risks related to Lithuania. Viktor Uspaskich, the Russian-born economy minister and founder of the Labour Party--the largest in the four-party governing coalition--has resigned both his ministerial position and parliamentary seat after the...
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2007, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p12
The article forecasts the political and economic conditions, and the performance of the business sector in Lithuania for 2007. Prime Minister Gediminas Kirkilas has been meeting with the opposition party Homeland Union in an effort to secure sufficient parliamentary support for the 2008 budget....
- Background Note: Lithuania. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Lithuani;Aug2006, p1
The article presents a country profile of Lithuania including its political and economic background. Its citizens speaks Lithuanian, Russian and Polish. The administrative region composed of counties and municipalities. There are a number of political parties and coalitions including the Labor...
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p12
This article focuses on the risk factors in different sectors of Latvia. The breadth of the new coalition government, which commands 80 of 141 seats in parliament, suggests that it will have few problems implementing its reform programme. Short-term political rating remained unchanged at 78.0 in...
- Political Conditions. // Lithuania Country Review;2001/2002, p18
Focuses on the political conditions in Lithuania as of July 2001. Factors influencing local politics; Major political reforms; Opposition parties; Elections.
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p12
Offers economic and political outlook for Lithuania for 2006. Possibility of fresh elections after the coalition government collapsed at the end of May 2006; Expected slowdown in real gross domestic product growth; Factors contributing to the bureaucracy ranking of the country in the world.
- Our Very Own Obama. Kazlauskaite, Agne // Transitions Online;7/20/2009, p5
The article focuses on the trust and hope vested in new and first female President Dalia Grybauskaite of Lithuania. It notes that Lithuanians compared Grybauskaite to U.S. President Barack Obama. It adds that the people has high hopes in the new leader that she will bring an end to the nation's...