Ratings Could Be Cut
- Jamaica: Budget Optimism. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;May2004, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the budget of Jamaica for fiscal 2004-2005. Forecast for real GDP growth; Average inflation rate; Total foreign debt.
- IMF Expresses Doubts About Anti-Inflation Plan. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p11
The article presents an economic forecast for Latvia from 2007 and 2008. The International Monetary Fund warns that the export sector could suffer from uncontrolled trade imbalances due to the overheating domestic economy and high inflation rate. The plan of the government to reduce inflation...
- External Deficit Continues To Grow. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2006, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p11
Presents an economic outlook for Latvia for 2006 and 2007. Factors that resulted to high inflation rate and account deficit; Rise of 34% in exports in local currency terms in 2005; Forecast on the state's modest declines in account deficit to 11.3% of gross domestic product in 2006 and around...
- Heading Deeper Into Recession. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p11
The article presents an economic outlook for Latvia for 2009. In the fourth quarter of 2008, Latvia's economy declined by 10.5% year-on-year. Real gross domestic product (GDP) growth also slowed by 20.5%. It is predicted that the economy will contract by 9.2% in 2009 and 1.6% in 2010. It is also...
- Fasten Your Seatbelts -- Hard Landing Ahead. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2008, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p11
The article presents an outlook on the economic performance of Latvia from 2008 to 2009. The International Monetary Fund projects a declining gross domestic product growth rate while consumer price inflation is also expected to decline. The central bank of Latvia, on the other hand, foresees...
- DATA & FORECASTS. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2005, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p9
The article presents information and data on the economic conditions of Slovakia. According to Business Monitor International Ltd. inflation is set to rise sharply over the final months of this year from a record low of 2.0% in July-August, after state gas monopoly SPP was granted permission to...
- Russia: Good News For Debt, But More FDI Needed. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/16/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p13
Reports on the initial negotiations between Russia and its Paris Club creditors on early debt repayment as of May 16, 2005. Estimated decline of the total debt; Expected real gross domestic product in 2005 and in 2006; Inflationary pressures highlighted by the International Monetary Fund.
- A Solid Recovery. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;May2005, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p1
Forecasts the economic condition in Paraguay for 2005. Trend in the country's inflation from 2002 to 2004; Influence of oil prices on the country's economy; Factors that contributed to the decline in the total external debt in terms of the gross domestic product.
- Macroeconomic Outlook. // Nigeria Oil & Gas Report;Q3 2007, p32
The article presents a five-year macroeconomic forecast for Nigeria from 2004 to 2008. It discusses all macroeconomic indicators, including real gross domestic product (GDP) growth, inflation, fiscal balance, trade balance, current account, and external debt. In addition, a chart which depicts...