A New Centre-Right Government
- Election Battle Pits Left Against Right. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2007, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p10
The article offers a political outlook for Estonia for 2007, focusing on the parliamentary elections in March. It is expected that the governing coalition will unlikely share power, because of policy rifts between the Reform Party, led by Prime Minister Andrus Ansip, and the Centre Party, which...
- GOVERNMENT. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Estonia;Jan2007, p5
The article presents information on the government of Estonia. Information on the country as a parliamentary democracy is presented and the occurrence of parliamentary elections every four years is reported. The procedure on how Estonians elect government councils is explained and the ability of...
- Coalition Permutations In Estonia. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/10/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 45, p13
Reports on the general election results in Estonia in March 2003. Difficulty presented by the coalition of the Centre Party and the Res Publica political parties; Statement issued by Centre Party leader Edgar Savisaar; Problem of Estonia Prime Minister Siim Kallas on entry into the European Union.
- Government Structure. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Estonia Country Review;2013, p52
This article presents information on the government structure in Estonia, which includes information on presidential election, members of the Cabinet, legislative branch and political parties.
- Government Functions. // Estonia Country Review;2011, p47
The article discusses the functions of the government in Estonia, which chose to adopt a parliamentary system, including information on the roles and responsibilities of the executive, legislative and judicial branches.
- Political Conditions. // Estonia Country Review;2001/2002, p18
Presents information about political conditions in Estonia as of 2001. Elections; Political parties; Form of government.
- Elections Signal Political Stability In Estonia. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p13
Focuses on the impact of local elections on the political stability in Estonia as of November 2002. Outcome of the local elections in Tallinn; Benefits of political stability on the foreign policy goals of Estonia for North Atlantic Treaty Organization and European Union accession.
- Simulating the Effects of the Alternative Vote in the 2010 UK General Election1. Sanders, David; Clarke, Harold D.; Stewart, Marianne C.; Whiteley, Paul // Parliamentary Affairs;Jan2011, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p5
The Conservative/Liberal Democrat Coalition government has announced its intention to hold a referendum on the possible introduction of the Alternative Vote (AV) for future elections to the House of Commons. This paper uses survey data from the 2010 British Election Study to simulate what the...
- Russia's Election Surprise. Quinn-Judge, Paul; Meier, Andrew; Zarakhovich, Yuri // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/31/99, Issue 1, p152
Offers information on 1999 Russian parliamentary elections. Success of the Unity party in the elections; History of the creation of the party; Electioneering information; Popularity of Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin among Russian citizens; Comparison of Putin to Russian President Boris...