RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC
- RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2006, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p6
The article provides an update on the condition of the economic and political environment in the Czech Republic. The likelihood of a new government being formed has collapsed, as negotiations between the two main political parties, the Civic Democrats and Social Democrats, fell through. On the...
- Czech Rep Rates: Trends Remain In Place. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/17/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p18
Focuses on the trend in the Czech Republic towards higher market interest rates in 2006. Performance of the 5-Year T-Bond; Indications that the Czech National Bank is moving towards a tightening bias; Economic impact of the establishment of the new Czech government in June 2006.
- Dead Heat. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p1
Offers political and economic outlook for the Czech Republic for 2006. Impact of the outcome of the Czech parliamentary elections on the formation of a majority government; Need for the two leading political parties to form a grand coalition; Gross domestic product growth experienced by the...
- RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p6
The article offers a look at the political, economic and business risks in Czech Republic. Fundamental differences between the two main political parties -- the Civic Democrats and Social Democrats -- continue to hinder the negotiations that could solve the country's political problems....
- Czech Rep: The Tricky Business Of Forming A Government. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/21/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p17
The article discusses the political and economic conditions of Czech Republic. It addresses the appointment of Mirek Topolanek of the Civic Democrat Party as prime minister of the country. Issues concerning political parties are addressed. It reveals the 2007 budget draft approved by the...
- Czech Republic: Country Conditions: Background. // Political Risk Yearbook: Czech Republic Country Report;2004, p59
Presents information on Czech Republic. Geography; Ethnic and racial divisions; Political parties; Foreign relations.
- Czech Republic: Which Way Out Of The Deadlock? // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/31/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 16, p19
The article focuses on the economic and political condition in Czech Republic as of July 2006. Establishing a sustainable parliamentary majority is proving to be a very elusive goal for Czech politicians. With the left and right wing blocs split precisely 100 seats each, any administration...
- Monkeyshines on the Czech Republic. Goldman, Phyllis Barkas // Monkeyshines on Europe;1998, p110
The Czech Republic is bordered by Germany to the west and northwest, Poland to the northeast, Slovakia to the southeast, and Austria to the south. The Czech Republic used to be a part of the country of Czechoslovakia, with the Czech Republic to the west and the Slovak Republic to the east. The...
- the Czech Republic: Country Conditions: Background. // Political Risk Yearbook: Czech Republic Country Report;2005, p41
Presents information on the Czech Republic. Geography; History; Social conditions; Government; Political conditions; Foreign relations.