RISK SUMMARY: POLAND
- PROFILE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Poland;2/18/2011, p2
This article presents information on the republic of Poland. Its climate is temperate continental and its terrain is flat plain, except mountains along its southern border. The estimated population of Poland in 2009 is 38.1 million. This entry also includes information on the country's main...
- Poland: Minority Government Ahoy? // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/7/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 29, p17
Reports on the establishment of a minority cabinet from Law and Justice party by Polish Prime Minister Kazimierz Marcinkiewicz in Poland in 2005. Opposition of the Civic Platform party to the cabinet; Condition issued by the Civic Platform in order for the party to support the government;...
- RISK SUMMARY: POLAND. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2006, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p4
The article presents information on the political, economic and business risks in Poland. The reputation of the country's Law and Justice party was destroyed after the Beger affair. The stock markets in Central Europe remained resilient despite the political conflict in Poland and Hungary. The...
- Poland: How Damaging Is The Political Situation? // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/6/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p17
Reports on the political conditions in Poland as of March 2006. Political risks of coalition between the Law and Justice and populist parties; Publication of a new eurozone convergence programme by the government; Outlook for the economy of Poland.
- Poland: Country Conditions: Background. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2004, p59
Presents information on Poland. Geography; Ethnic and racial divisions; Political parties; Foreign relations.
- Poland: Country Conditions: Background. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2005, p59
Presents information on Poland. Geography; History; Social conditions; Government; Political conditions; Foreign relations.
- POLAND: Country Forecast: Forecast Scenarios. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2006, p17
Presents forecasts on political and economic conditions of Poland in 2006. Forecasts on center-right coalition in the country; Expectations on the regime scenario of the Law and Justice Party; Impact of the emergence of a nationalist coalition on labor and agrarian sector.
- Poland. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2008, p1
This publication presents information on Poland. It notes the instability of the three-party alliance of Prime Minister Jaroslaw Kaczynski's PiS, the agrarian populist Samoobrona, and the Catholic conservative LPR. It highlights policy differences that will impede reform in the country. The...
- RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2005, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p4
Presents updates on politics and economic risks in Poland in 2005. Victory of Lech Kaczynski of the Law and Justice party over Civic Platform's Donald Tusk in the presidential elections; Decision of the National Bank of Poland to leave its monetary parameters unchanged in October 2005;...