Faring Better in 2007
- Hungary: New Year, Fresh Budgetary Prospects? // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/15/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p19
The article presents an outlook on the performance of the Hungarian economy as of January 2007. Analysts are optimistic that 2007 will be a better year after five years of budget overshoots by the Hungarian Socialist government. They reveal that a decline in fiscal deficit from 10 percent of...
- Hungary: Fiscal Doubts Remain. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/24/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p13
Presents forecasts on the economy of Hungary for 2004 and 2005. Predictions on the real gross domestic product (GDP) growth in 2004; Decrease in the real wage growth in 2004; Target of the government for the GDP budget deficit.
- Part One: The Economy and the Business Environment: Economic Performance and Outlook. // Doing Business with Hungary;2006, p1
The article provides information on the economic condition in Hungary discussed in the book "Investment Guide for Hungary." By 2001, the nominal gross domestic product in the country had expanded to approximately â‚¬58 billion. The success of Hungary as a business location can be attributed...
- GKI raises GDP projection to 1.5%, warns of election economics, lack of confidence. // Hungary A.M.;3/3/2014, p5
The article presents the economic forecasts of economic research firm GKI for Hungary. GKI increased the country's gross domestic product (GDP) growth from 1.3% to 1.5% in September 2014. Moreover, GKI projects that the deficit of the government can be reduced below three percent of the GDP in...
- European Commission assessment of 2014 government deficit: 3.0%. // Hungary A.M.;11/6/2013, p1
The article reports on the release of the European Commission's Autumn European Economic Forecast in November 2013. According to the forecast, the general government deficit of Hungary would meet the 3.0 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) European Union threshold in 2014. The report also...
- Downside Risks. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/9/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p14
Presents a short-term outlook for the economic system of Hungary in 2005. Expectation by the government on the January 2005 to April 2005 budget deficit of the full-year of gross domestic product projection; Status of the country's external imbalances; Views of National Bank of Hungary Governor...
- Inflation Report puts fiscal deficit below target. // Hungary A.M.;6/27/2014, p1
The article discusses Hungary's projected general government deficit, based on the inflation report of the National Bank of Hungary as of June 27, 2014. Topics discussed include the projected 2.7% deficit of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2014 and 2.6% in 2015, improved growth prospects for the...
- Hungary's 2012 accrual-based deficit to be under 3% of GDP, analysts say. // Hungary A.M.;01/09/2013, p5
The article reports that the accrual-based deficit of Hungary in 2012 is projected to be under three percent of the gross domestic product (GDP), according to Buda-Cash analyst Gergely Toth and Erste analyst ZoltÃ¡n ÃrokszÃ¡llÃ¡si.
- KSH reports 2.0% ESA95 gen gov't deficit for 2012. // Hungary A.M.;10/2/2013, p4
The article reports that Hungary's Central Statistics Office (KSH) has reported that the country has a 2012 general government deficit of 572 billion Hungarian forint, or 2.0% of gross domestic product (GDP), in a second reading of national accounts data on September 30, 2013.