RISK SUMMARY: HUNGARY
- RISK SUMMARY: HUNGARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2007, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p2
The article presents a summary of risks faced by Hungary. With regards to politics, the main opposition party Fidesz is broadening its lead on the ruling Socialists. The author said that the low popularity of the government prompted Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsany to reshuffle his cabinet to...
- RISK SUMMARY: HUNGARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2008, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p2
The article provides a summary of the political, economic and business risk ratings for Hungary. Analysts expect that there are significant risks of more dramatic changes to Hungary's political scene coming from the pending breakup of the Socialist Party and the Free Democrats coalition in 2008....
- RISK SUMMARY: HUNGARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2007, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p2
The article summarizes the political, economic and business risks in Hungary. In November 2006, the Election Commission called a referendum proposed by opposition party Fidesz, which aims to amend the country's healthcare reform and block the instigation of tuition fees, as unconstitutional....
- HUNGARY: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p4
The article offers information on the political and economic conditions of Hungary such as the statement of Hungary's European Union (EU) Affairs Official Eniko Gyori that Croatia must be admitted to EU upon its compliance to the criteria, the change on the rules which govern the Fiscal Council,...
- Country Risk Summary: HUNGARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p2
Presents news items related to the political and economic condition in Hungary as of November 2002. Possible political implications of the imminent local elections; Likelihood of increase in inflation rate; Position of Hungary in the European Union's cumulative foreign direct investment league.
- Country Risk Summary: HUNGARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Feb2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p2
Provides information on the political and economic risk in Hungary in the year 2003. Adjustments to energy prices by the government; Efforts of the government to lessen the fiscal deficit; Factors responsible for losses in foreign trade.
- Week in Review. // Budapest Business Journal;12/9/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p2
Presents business, political and financial news briefs in Hungary as of December 9, 2002. Inclusion of Parliament's approval of amendments to the 2003 budget bill; Insurance premium revenues in the first three quarters of 2002; Judit Kormendy-Ekes' resignation as head of the National Radio and...
- Week in Review. // Budapest Business Journal;12/23/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p2
Presents news briefs pertaining to business, the economy, and politics in Hungary as of December 23, 2002.
- Week in Review. // Budapest Business Journal;2/24/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p2
Presents news items on developments in the economy, business and politics in Hungary as of February 2003. Number of tourists; Mortgage-backed bonds; Adoption of the text of European Union accession treaty; Two parties in the ruling coalition.