- ECONOMIC SECTOR PERFORMANCE AND GROWTH: CONTEMPORARY APPROACHES IN THE CONTEXT OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT. LANKAUSKIENĖ, Toma; TVARONAVIČIENĖ, Manuela // Intellectual Economics;Dec2013, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p355
Lack of sufficient attention to the role of economic sectors in terms of economic growth in Lithuania prompted very reasonable necessity to analyse foreign literature on the topic. In order to provide an in-depth coverage of possible contemporary perceptions of economic sectors and economic...
- LITHUANIAN ECONOMY IN 2011-2020: FORECAST OF MAIN MACROECONOMIC PARAMETERS AS A TOOL TO CONSIDER SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF HEALTH FINANCING. Cerniauskas, Gediminas; Panovas, Igoris // Intellectual Economics;Jul2012, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p258
The forecast of the Lithuanian economy is developed according to the national trends apparent in 2000-2010 as well as by applying the theory of convergence in the EU region. The main parameters of scrutiny are GDP, inflation, employment/unemployment, budget revenues and expenditures, public...
- RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2008, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p12
This section offers news briefs concerning business, political and economic conditions in Lithuania. The draft 2009 budget has a deficit of 2.3 percent of gross domestic product (GDP). In September 2008, year-on-year industrial production went up by 7.3 percent. The Mazeikiu Nafta oil refinery...
- The Effects of Recession: Cases of Lithuania and Ukraine. Ciburiene, Jadvyga; Orekhova, Tatiana // Economics & Business;2014, Vol. 25, p27
The aim of this research is to describe and analyze themain effects of economic development after the recent financialcrisis in Lithuania and Ukraine, which is one of economiccooperation partners of Lithuania. The article analyzes structuralchanges of economic activity in the countries...
- Economic Overview. // Lithuania Country Review;2010, p50
The article presents an overview of the economic condition in Lithuania for 2010, which include the country's economic performance, balance of payments, and regional situation.
- Lithuania: Internal Devaluation Remains Only Option. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/20/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p15
This article provides an outlook for structural imbalances of the Lithuanian economy in 2010.
- Economic Overview. // Lithuania Country Review;2011, p68
The article provides an overview of the economic performance of Lithuania from 1991-2009 including the country's macroeconomic stability, economic growth from 2004 to 2007, and credit crisis in 2008.
- THE IMPACT OF THE BANKING SYSTEM ON THE ECONOMIC GROWTH. Freitakas, Eduardas // Bridges / Tiltai;2010, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p41
The article presents an overview of the economy growth of Lithuania after entering the EU and the factors conditioning this growth. The impact of the ongoing financial crisis on the economy of the country is dealt with. Competition possibilities in the market of commercial banks are explored in...
- Overview of the key challenges. // OECD Economic Surveys: Ireland;Mar2006, Vol. 2006 Issue 3, p19
This chapter reviews the key challenges facing the Irish economy. Ireland has continued its exemplary economic performance, attaining some of the highest growth rates in the OECD. After a remarkable decade, per capita income has caught up with the EU average. Further progress will require strong...