Time To Sign A Border Treaty With Russia?
- Foreign Relations. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Latvia Country Review;2013, p62
The article highlights the foreign policy of Latvia, which joined the European Union in 2004 and had asked to be a full member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and it is also considered as a significant international player, supporting peace and democracy around the world.
- SALTwise. // National Review;12/7/1979, Vol. 31 Issue 49, p1538
The article reports on the issues covering the SALT II treaty in the United States. The SALT II treaty is one of the issues that the Senate faces with only fifteen days left before the end of the session. Among the other issues are legislation of the synfuels, the Chrysler bailout, and a...
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Latvia;Nov2011, p8
The article presents information on the relations of Latvia with other countries. The country immediately worked to be reintegrated into the West after regaining its independence from the Soviet Union in 1991. The country decided to join the Organization on Security and Cooperation in Europe...
- Latvia. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Republic of Latvia;May2010, p1
The article offers facts and information about Latvia. The country has a land area of 64,589 square kilometers. Cities and towns are Riga, which is the capital city, Daugavpils, Liepaja and Jelgava, among others. As of May 2010, its population is 2,248,000. Major ethnic groups are Latvians,...
- Nod to land boundary bill and Sushma. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);5/7/2015, p9
The article discusses the passage of the land boundary bill and a speech given by India's external affairs minister Sushma Swaraj at the Lok Sabha lower house in India. Topics covered include the enclave-swap deal between India and Bangladesh, the advantages of passing the land boundary bill in...
- LACK OF INTEGRATED COMPETENCES IN REGIONAL AND LOCAL PLANNING. Šļara, Agita // ICTE in Regional Development: 2005 Annual Proceedings;2005, p1
Drastic and negative dissimilarities among Latvian self-governments, especially intensified after re-gaining of independence in 1991, demands long-term planning of self-governments' territories. These are means to facilitate growth of local economics and temper negative social economical...
- New Irish Crisis. // Time;8/11/1924, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p10
The article focuses on the implications of the decision of Northern Ireland to decline to be represented on the Boundary Commission established for the delimitation of the boundary between Ireland and that of Northern Ireland. The government of Northern Ireland has claimed that they were not a...
- Foreign Relations. // Latvia Country Review;2012, p67
The article provides information on the foreign relations of Latvia as of 2012 including the country's international economic relations and policy, regional economic assumptions, and its entry into the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
- National Security. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Latvia Country Review;2013, p68
The article discusses the national security conditions of Latvia, which continuously has strained relations with Russia and does not have any specific threat of terrorism despite the 2000 bombing of popular department store Centrs.