Election Battle Pits Left Against Right
- Primer on parliamentary elections. // Political Intelligence Briefing;3/30/2015, p48
The article offers an update on the parliamentary elections in Estonia held on March 1, 2015. Topics include the resignation of Prime Minister Andrus Ansip, the withdrawal of former Reform Party leader Siim Kallas as candidate for prime minister and the nomination of Taavi Roivas as the prime...
- Government Structure. // Estonia Country Review;2011, p49
The article examines the government structure in Estonia, which adopts a parliamentary form of government, in which President Toomas Ilves of state and of the executive branch since 2006 while Prime Minister Andrus Ansip is the head of government.
- Government Structure. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Estonia Country Review;2013, p52
This article presents information on the government structure in Estonia, which includes information on presidential election, members of the Cabinet, legislative branch and political parties.
- ESTONIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2005, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p10
The article presents political and economic news related to Estonia. Having succeeded in implementing key parts of their socially-oriented programme, the main political parties in Estonia, that make up the governing coalition are expected to do well in municipal elections in October 2005. The...
- Australia. // America;12/27/1919, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p194
The article reports on the returns from the 1919 elections in Australia. The result show that the government has the backing of the people. The Liberals and the Nationalist Labor parties won the 35 seats in the House of Representatives, and the Farmers party. The elections were regarded as a...
- Vote scandal threatens Estonia's election system. // Baltic Times;6/13/2013, Vol. 10 Issue 831, p1
The article discusses how the vote rigging scandal in the May 2013 elections of the Estonian Reform Party's board could undermine the trustworthiness of the country's whole election system.
- Primer on parliamentary elections. // Political Intelligence Briefing;3/23/2015, p43
The article reports on the parliamentary elections in Estonia on March 1, 2015. It discusses the political structure of the country which consists of the unicameral State Council with 101 seats. The elections were participated by parties including the Estonian Reform Party, Center Party of...
- RISK SUMMARY: ESTONIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2006, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p10
The article presents information on the political and economic risks in Estonia. Toomas Hendrik's victory in the presidential elections represented an advantage for the Reform Party in the upcoming national elections in March 2007. Current account deficit has decreased from 13.9% in the first...
- New Coalition? Risks Remain. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2009, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p10
The article look at the political scene in Estonia and offers an outlook for 2009. Political uncertainty in the country is expected to rise as a result of the removal of Social Democrats as the junior partner in the coalition government. As a result, the Social Democrats refused to support cuts...