RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA
- IHS Global Insight Report: Latvia (Country Intelligence). // Latvia Country Monitor;Dec2009, p1
The article presents IHS Global Insight Inc.'s forecasts for the economic and political developments in Latvia, as well as its business environment. The country's economy, currency, foreign relations and domestic development are outlined. The IHS forecasts that Latvia's economy will experience a...
- Country Reports: Latvia. // Latvia Country Monitor;2015, p1
A country report for Latvia is presented from the publisher IHS as of November 30, 2015, with topics including country risk ratings, medium and long-term economic outlook, business strengths and weaknesses and political and economic risks.
- Surprise Election Result Bodes Well For Reforms. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2010, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p12
The article focuses on the views of Business Monitor International Ltd. regarding the additional parliamentary term for the Unity coalition in Latvia. It states that the parliamentary election in Latvia on October 2, 2010 gave the Unity its additional term with the total percent of votes of...
- EC mission recommends Latvia speed up reforms. Interfax // Russia & CIS Energy Newswire;11/11/2013, p1
RIGA. Nov 11 (Interfax/BNS) - Latvia's development has been generally positive following the conclusion of the international financial support program, but the rate at which reforms are carried out should be sped up.
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2007, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p11
The article forecasts the political and economic conditions, and the performance of the business sector in Latvia for 2007. The parliament has begun to debate the 2008 budget, which is vital element of government plans to dampen domestic demand and bring down inflation. The government has...
- Country Report: Latvia. // Latvia Country Monitor;Oct2012, p1
The article offers country report on the economic and political growth and outlook from 2009 to 2016 in Latvia. It states that despite the country's economic resilience against the weaknesses in Europe has been stronger, the growth slows down in the second half of 2012. It mentions that the...
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2006, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p11
The article provides an update on the condition of the economic and political environment in Latvia in 2006. The government has agreed, in principle, to lower the rate of personal income tax from 25% to 22% in 2007, 19% in 2008 and 15% in 2009. In the first quarter of 2006, real output growth...
- LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia, Ukraine & Baltics;Oct2004, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p7
This article presents information on political and economic conditions of Latvia. Prime Minister Indulis Emsis has won parliamentary approval for the appointment of Artis Pabriks as foreign minister. However, divisions in the ruling coalition resurfaced following Emsis's nomination of Ingrida...
- Political Conditions. // Latvia Country Review;2009, p10
The article provides an overview of the political condition of Latvia from 1991-2009.