RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA
- Country Forecast. // Political Risk Yearbook: Slovak Republic Country Report;2009, p2
The article reports on economic and political forecasts for Slovakia. According to recent polls, the main governing Smer-Social Democracy party is capable of winning the majority if an election takes place. Forecasted annual inflation and real gross domestic product (GDP) growth from 2009 to...
- Relative Fiscal Restraint. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2006, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p1
Presents political risk and economic forecasts for Slovakia in 2006. Expected restraint of the 2006 given the forthcoming election, as the country is committed on adopting the euro by 2009; Possibility that the populist opposition Smer party will enter the next government which may challenge...
- Country Risk Summary: NICARAGUA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Jan2005, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the country risk of Nicaragua as of January 2005. Power given by the Nicaraguan Congress to itself concerning cabinet ministers; Revision of the inflation forecast of central bank for 2004; Decline in its business environment and short-term composite ratings.
- SLOVENIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p8
The article provides an overview of Slovakia's political and economic risk and business environment including the involvement of centre-right coalition to the new Greek bailout, the impact of food and fuel prices on consumer price inflation, and Volkswagenwerk's plan to construct a pressing shop.
- Country Reports: Slovakia. // Slovakia Country Monitor;Sep2014, p1
The article focuses on the political and economic condition in Slovakia as of September 1, 2014 with information on the five-year outlook. Topics include moderate growth of the economy, fiscal policy, and the "post-consolidation" programme of the ruling party Direction-Social Democracy. Also...
- Smer Ups The Ante. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p9
Offers a political outlook for Slovakia for 2006. Efforts by the leftist party Smer to boost its populist rhetoric; Partial dismantlement of the country's flat tax system; Possible impact of a Smer-led government on foreign direct investment.
- Country Reports - Slovakia. // Slovakia Country Monitor;2015, p1
A country report for Slovakia is presented from publisher IHS Inc., with topics including economic growth, political and economic risks, and economic forecasting.
- Good Vibrations. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/4/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 36, p14
Forecasts the performance of the economy of Romania as of January 4, 2005. Reason for the decision of the National Bank of Romania on the exchange rate of the Romanian leu; Percentage of consumer price inflation in November 2004; Projection on the growth of gross domestic product in 2005.
- BCU Playing It Cool. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Mar2008, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p8
The article presents an outlook for the economic conditions in Uruguay in 2008, with emphasis on the country's inflation rate. Consumer price inflation measured 8.5%, a full two percentage points above the Banco Central de Uruguay's (BCU) target range of 4.5-5.5%. The BCU has widened its...