RISK SUMMARY: POLAND
- Country Forecast. // Political Risk Yearbook: Poland Country Report;2011, p2
Political and economic forecasts for Poland as of November 2010 are presented. Highlights of forecasts include low risk of turmoil in international business, 3.7% real gross domestic product (GDP) growth and an inflation rate of 2.5%. It states that the deaths of President Lech Kaczynski and...
- Political Overview. // Poland Defence & Security Report;Q3 2010, p31
The article presents an overview of the political conditions in Poland in 2010. It highlights the worst tragedy suffered by the country on the deaths of President Lech Kaczynki and senior government officials in a plane crash accident which leaves psychological shock to Poland. It also notes...
- Chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2011 1st Quarter, Issue 1, p7
The article offers information on the governmental and political aspects of Poland including the Civic Platform (PO)-led coalition government which continues to receive a strong support, helping to extenuate the risks to political stability.
- RISK SUMMARY: POLAND. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2009, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p2
This section offers news briefs concerning politics, economic and business conditions in Poland. Polska Grupa Energetyczna (PGE) has been given approval to construct to nuclear power plants. According to National Bank of Poland governor Slawomir Skrzypek, it will be hard to integrate the zloty...
- Executive Summary. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2011 2nd Quarter, Issue 2, p5
The article presents the economic and political outlook for Poland for 2011-2012 including the increase in real gross domestic product (GDP), the reelection of the government of Prime Minister Donald Tusk in the October 2011 parliamentary elections and the impact of budget deficits on the economy.
- Executive Summary. // Poland Defence & Security Report;Q3 2008, p5
The article presents an overview of the political and economic performance of Poland. After the Civic Platform (PO) party secured victory during the October 2007 general election, it showed signs that it is pushing forward with ties electoral pledge, wherein the privatisation agenda would be...
- Country Report: Poland. // Poland Country Monitor;2015, p1
A country report for Poland is presented from publisher IHS Inc., with topics including economic growth, political and economic risks, and economic forecasting.
- Poland and NATO. Hale, David D.; Hejka-Arczynska, Anna // National Review;6/03/1996, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p36
The article explores why Poland's entry into the North Atlantic Treaty Organization is a key to the sustained economic growth of Poland and the political stability of Central Europe. According to the authors delaying Poland's membership could encourage capital flight, hamper investment in the...
- Tusk On Course For Re-Election. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p3
The article presents a political and economic outlook for Poland as of March 2011. It mentions that the government will show greater commitment in reducing its bloated budget deficit to an estimated 7.4% of gross domestic product (GDP) in 2010. It adds that Prime Minister Donald Tusk's Civic...