Mixed Budgetary Fortunes
- Poland: Improving Outlook. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 28, p12
Provides an outlook on various economic indicators in Poland as of November 1, 2004. Expected growth of the Polish economy in 2004, according to the International Monetary Fund; Projected budget deficit for 2004 and 2005; Increase in debt-to-gross domestic product ratio in 2004.
- Chapter 2: Economic Outlook. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2006 1st Quarter, p12
The article presents information on the economic conditions in Poland. Statistics on the economic indicators are given, that shows annual growth barely in excess of 5%, and a decline in retail sales. The potential for destabilizing rises in the oil price is a key downside risk for the economy....
- Israel: Revised Forecasts -- Smaller Deficit Ahead. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/11/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 34, p22
The article reports on the revision of a forecast for the budget deficit of Israel from 2007 to 2011. Business Monitor International (BMI) sees the deficit narrowing. However, the BMI notes that the extra-budgetary spending seen in 2005 and 2006 may well be a feature throughout the forecast...
- Still Budgetary Blues In Poland. // Emerging Europe Financial Alert;9/15/2003, Vol. 2 Issue 17, p5
This article focuses on the 2004 budget for Poland. The Polish government has approved an opaque 2004 budget, with a change in the accounting standards to EU norms resulting in increasing amounts of expenditure. Liabilities outside the budget include a PLN12bn transfer to private pension funds...
- A Gradually Widening Deficit Is Ahead. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;Apr2007, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the widening of budget deficit gradually over the next five years as expenditure grow at a faster pace than revenue in Syria. According to the most recent data released by the Central Bank of Syria, both revenues and expenditure came in lower than was expected in 2005. A...
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Situation - Recent Developments. // Poland Country Monitor;Jun2012, p17
The article provides an overview of the developments on the fiscal situation of Poland as of June 2012. It mentions the stabilization of the cash-based central government deficit, equaling to 7.1 billion dollars or 65.5% of the full-year target. It adds that the country's public-sector debt...
- What went wrong? // BRE Bank - CASE Seminar Proceedings;2014, Issue 133, p17
No abstract available.
- Fairfield County economy in 2003. Perna, Nicholas S. // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/6/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p15
Forecasts the economy of Fairfield County, Connecticut for the year 2003. Level of budget deficit; Performance rating of business executives; Stability of consumer spending.
- Country Risk Summary: POLAND. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe;Apr2004, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p4
The article presents an overview of business risks in Poland in terms of political scenario, economic conditions and business environment as of April 2004. With its popularity rating at a historical low, the ruling SLD party has forced Prime Minister Leszek Miller to resign as leader. He will...