Attempts To Encourage R&D Face Challenges
- New fixed investment plan on the way. van der Kooy, Rob // Finance Week;06/30/2000, p25
Reports on the development of a fixed investment incentive program in South Africa. Government's efforts to encourage new investment in small- and medium-sized manufacturing industries; Tax incentives offered to entrepreneurs. INSET: Other incentives..
- R&D tax incentive: say what you mean and mean what you say. Gallaher, Michelle // Chemistry in Australia;Jul2013, p37
The author discusses potential impact of the proposed amendment to the Australian research and development (R&D) tax incentive legislation on the biotechnology sector. She acknowledges how the R&D tax incentive scheme has been beneficial to small and medium-sized enterprises in the said...
- Are tax incentives biased against small firms in Thailand? Boadway, Robin W.; Flatters, Frank // Journal of Developing Areas;Fall96, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p75
Evaluates the tax incentives in Thailand set by the Board of Investment and whether they discriminate against small businesses. Marginal efficiency of capital theory; Minimum capital requirements and firm sizes; Hurdle rates of return; Policy considerations.
- Trade body calls for further tax breaks to boost UK aerospace. Ford, Jason // Engineer (Online Edition);2/5/2014, p4
The article focuses on the commercial aerospace industry of Great Britain. It discusses proposals of trade body ADS for the country to sustain its global market share of 28 percent in 2013 through an increase in tax incentives, estimates of demand for new aircraft in the next 20 years, and...
- Investing in small companies: tax incentives call. // Accountancy;Feb1981, Vol. 92 Issue 1050, p5
Reports on the Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies' (CCAB) call for tax incentives to encourage investment in small businesses in Great Britain. Recommendation that a tax allowance should be given by direct deduction from taxable income; Call for limitation in the tax relief; Extension...
- THE SOUTH SHALL RISE. GEORGE, ANDREW // njbiz;9/30/2013, p1
The article reports that the types of small to midsized firms that Camden, New Jersey needs to attract failed to come under Urban Transit Hub tax credit program. Camden was considered one of the nine cities aimed by Urban Transit Hub. Urban Transit Hub required firms to make capital investments...
- Tax reductions and smaller firms. // Accountancy;Jul96, Vol. 118 Issue 1235, p81
The article reports on the tax reductions in smaller companies in Taiwan. It provides information on the Ministry of Finance plan to alleviate the criteria for tax reductions given to firms that make capital investments in automation and anti-pollution facilities. It discusses the reason for tax...
- Ambitious French biotech plan faces EU hurdle. Hodgson, John // Nature Biotechnology;Feb2003, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p113
Reports on a package of tax-cutting measures for biotechnology companies in France. Key provision of the measures; Possible conflict with the European Union's industrial competition rules; Possible adoption of the French measures in other European countries to reduce the likelihood of any...
- Small businesses miss out on most fed tax incentives. Kamerick, Megan // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/6/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p32
Focuses on the impact of federal tax incentives on small businesses in the U.S. Implications of the September 11 terrorist attacks for the operation of local small businesses; Attention of the government on the economic downturn in the national economy; Depreciation on the value of automobiles.