Thais That Bind
- SEATTLE'S SURGE. Funk, Dale // Electrical Wholesaling;Oct2007, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p37
The article focuses on the growing economy of Seattle, Washington after recovering from the dot-com bust in the early 2002. The author mentions the companies that have contributed to the economic growth of the city. He also points out the upcoming major construction projects that will be...
- Privatization of Electricity Industry in Nigeria: Lessons from Europe and United States of America. Olalere, Peter Olaoye // Renewable Energy Law & Policy Review;2014, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p136
Electric energy plays a pivotal role in the global economic development, hence the developing countries have inadequate electricity supply compared to their developed counterparts. Inadequate access to electricity hinders development in Nigeria and the most substantial efforts towards tackling...
- Powerful Changes. Jensen, Cherryl // Business NH Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p33
Presents information on the status of the broadband, electric and natural gas industries in New Hampshire as of June 2001. Deregulation issues in the electric industry; Increase in natural gas usage; Economic development issue of broadband access; Growth market provided by the natural gas industry.
- DELAWARE FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT PLAN. Hockersmith, Paul J. // Economic Development Review;Fall88, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p46
Develops a plan which serves as the foundation of all foreign direct investment efforts in Delaware. Economic development objectives; Challenges associated with stimulating foreign direct investment; Resources; Administrative matters; Command and communication.
- THE DYNAMIC DETERMINATION OF ECONOMICALLY EFFICIENT CAPITAL INVESTMENT AND NEW TECHNOLOGY. Jarkovsky, Vladimir // Eastern European Economics;Summer73, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p86
Explores an approach to develop the determination of economic efficiency. Methods of determining economic efficiency; Evaluation of the effectiveness of capital investment; Information on the computed interest in the dynamic calculations of economic efficiency.
- Street Smarts. Spethmann, Betsy // Promo;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, pAR12
Focuses on the fulfillment sector of the promotional marketing industry in the U.S. Growth in revenues experienced by fulfillment companies in 2003; Factors affecting the market; Increase in technology investments; Recovery of the U.S. economy.
- The Role Of Saving In Pakistan's Economic Growth. Sinha, Dipendra // Journal of Applied Business Research;Winter98/99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p79
Presents information on a study of the relationship between saving and economic growth using time series data for Pakistan for 1960-95. Methodology and results; Suggestions for future research.
- Investor of the Year 2002. // Czech Business & Trade;2003, Issue 7/8, p13
Lists several investment projects that received awards for making the biggest contributions to the development of the Czech economy in 2003. Award categories; Criteria for evaluation; Key features of the investment projects.
- Analysing the determinants of China's aggregate investment in the reform period. // China Economic Review (1043951X);2001, Vol. 12 Issue 2/3, p227
Focuses on the measurement of aggregate investment by fixed capital formation in China. Importance of economic reform program during 1978; Role of investment for the phenomenal economic growth; Development of the dynamic investment function to capture properties of investment behavior.