Private Investment Key After Mega-Projects Cut
- Laos link launched. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2007, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p123
This article states that work to link Laos to Thailand's rail network officially began on January 19, 2007 when Lao Prime Minister Bouasone Bouphavanh and Thai Deputy Prime Minister Pridiyathorn Devakula attended a ground-breaking ceremony in Dongphosy. This will be the site of the future Tha...
- Thai Baht Still Strong, Outlook Positive. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Jun2007, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p3
The article forecasts the economic outlook in Thailand. The intensification of political turbulence brought the medium-term view toward the Baht which presumably resume its upward trend after the political consolidation. The resignation of former Finance Minister Pridiyathorn Devakula worried...
- Thai Baht Under Pressure. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/23/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the devaluation of the baht currency of Thailand in May 2005. Reason for the weakness of the currency; Factors that will cause slower economic growth in the country; Opinion of Bank of Thailand governor Pridiyathorn Devakula on the devaluation.
- SUVARNABHUMI RESIDENTS. // Noise Notes;Apr2007, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p27
The article reports that the residents around Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok, Thailand are blocking the roads as a way of voicing their frustration over the noise pollution being produced by the new airport. A team of people to study the facts of the case was sent by the Deputy Prime Minister...
- Curbing THB Appreciation. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/22/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p8
Reports on the actions taken by the Thai central bank to curb the appreciation of the baht, as of September 22, 2003. Comparison of the value of Thai baht with the Japanese yen; Views of Thailand Governor Pridiyathorn Devakula on Thai baht.
- Thailand: TRT Fracture Risks Political Vacuum. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/9/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p10
The article reports that the Thai Rak Thai (TRT) party of Thailand has collapsed following the departure of its members as well as the resignation of Thaksin Shinawatra as party leader. The Wang Nam Yom faction, which is one of the most powerful groupings within the TRT with leader Somsak...
- McCabe defends Â£281m Scottish underspend. Scott, David // Public Finance;7/1/2005, p11
Reports that the Scottish Executive underspent its budget, according to Finance Minister Tom McCabe in Scotland. Comment of Des McNulty, chair of the Scottish Parliament finance committee on the budget report; Total underspend on the budget; Inclusion of ability of carry forward resources in the...
- Jaitley: Focus on restoring growth. // Eastern Eye;5/30/2014, Issue 1253, p12
The article reports that Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has vowed to repair public finances and restore investor confidence as the new administration in India took charge on May 27, 2014.
- NI to benefit from Â£2bn spending plan. Gosling, Paul // Public Finance;2/28/2003, p10
Reports on the public spending program of interim finance minister Ian Pearson in Northern Ireland. Renovation of the water supply; Renovation of the school buildings; Purchase of fire engines and equipment.