The Time Is Now
- Executive summary. // OECD Economic Surveys: Czech Republic;Jun2006, Vol. 2006 Issue 6, p7
The article provides an overview of the economic growth performance of the Czech Republic in 2005. Low inflation and interest rates have been the economy's strong for some time and policy is well prepared to meet the monetary challenges of euro entry. Deficits have been low but caused by revenue...
- Czech Rates Held, But Will Rise. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/4/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 21, p19
The article forecasts economic developments in Czech Republic. At the end of August 2006, the Czech National Bank (CNB) kept interest rates on hold at 2.25%. The consumer price index will come in at 3.0% year-on-year at year-end, and 3.3% year-on-year in December 2007. The CNB is expected to...
- Policy challenges in sustaining catch-up. // OECD Economic Surveys: Czech Republic;Jun2006, Vol. 2006 Issue 6, p15
Czech GDP growth picked up in recent years and future growth prospects look more favourable. This first chapter of the OECD's 2006 Economic Survey for the Czech Republic examines this improved performance and makes a broad overview of the structural reforms needed to maintain a healthy pace of...
- Part One: The Economy and the Business Environment: Economic Performance and Outlook. // Doing Business with the Czech Republic;2005, p1
The chapter discusses the economic performance of the Czech Republic from 1997 to 2003. Economic growth slowed during 2001. However, the country performed far better than the others in the Euro zone. The reforms carried out since 1997 have helped to establish an institutional framework to meet...
- Rate Cut Surprises Markets. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2005, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p7
The article reports that the Czech National Bank (CNB) has its two-week repossessed rate by 25 basis points to 1.75% in April 2005, as a response to reduced inflation forecasts in 2006. Explaining the decision, which took most analysts and markets by surprise, central bank Governor Zdenek Tuma...
- Further Rate Hikes Ahead. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2007, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p6
The article presents an economic outlook for the Czech Republic in 2007. The Czech National Bank increased its repurchase agreement rate to 2.75 percent during its monetary policy meeting on May 31. It is believed that inflationary pressures are likely to build up further, which will prompt...
- Rising Possibility Of A Rate Cut. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/20/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 43, p18
Forecasts the currency rate possibilities in Czech Republic. Possibility of an interest rate reduction; Potential effect of interest rate increase on the economy; Inflation forecast of Czech National Bank.
- Macroeconomic management. // OECD Economic Surveys: Czech Republic;Jan2000, Vol. 2000 Issue 4, p37
Presents several macroeconomic data and forecast on Czech Republic. Real gross domestic product growth; Inflation-control targets in conducting monetary policy; Influence of inflation in price expectations; Changes in the short-term interest rates.
- Short-Term CZK View Borne Out. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/14/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p15
Presents an outlook on the economic condition of the Czech Republic as of June 14, 2004. Factors that contributed to the increase in interest rate; Effect of tightening monetary cycle on consumer price indexes; Impact of the increase in eurozone rates on the euro.