CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY
- Overseas risk and reward. Frith, Damon // BRW;6/19/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p69
The article looks at the risks and rewards for Australian oil and mineral companies which are operating in foreign countries. In Guinea, Australian firm Rio Tinto is being threatened with loss of its mining concession if it does not give Guinea a bigger percentage of profits. The proposed merger...
- BHP opens Caval Ridge, central Queensland. // Coal International;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 262 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the opening of the Caval Ridge Mine in Queensland in 2014, a joint venture between mining and petroleum producer BHP Billiton Ltd. and Japanese trading firm Mitsubishi Corp. (MC).
- RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Dec2005, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p2
The article presents a political and economic risk assessment of Russia as of January 19, 2006. The legitimacy of the proposed parliamentary election in Chechnya will have many political implications. The comments by the International Monetary Fund on the shortcomings of the economic policy were...
- Ore lines face open access threat. // Railway Gazette International;Feb2007, Vol. 163 Issue 2, p66
The article reports that BHP Billiton and Rio Tinto have expressed deep concern over a Federal Court ruling that could see the opening up of their railways for use by rival mining companies. Fortescue Metals Group had sought a ruling under Part 111 of the Trade Practices Act that BHP was obliged...
- BHP line to carry 100 million tonnes. // Railway Gazette International;Sep2003, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p531
Reports on the plan of BHP Billiton to expand the capacity of its railway line from Newman to Port Hedland in Australia by the end of 2004. Remarks from BHP executive Bob Kirby on the expansion project; Progress of the expansion project; Key rail components of the project.
- Transnet and BHP signed R24 billion 10-year take or pay rail contract for export coal. // World Mining News;10/1/2014, p1
No abstract available.
- ORE PRODUCERS JOSTLE FOR RAIL. Frith, Damon // BRW;7/8/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p55
The article reports that BHP Billiton Ltd. and Rio Tinto PLC might have to share their private rail lines after the Australian Tribunal decided to provide partial access to privately owned rail lines in the Pilbara, Western Australia. It says that the Goldsworthy line of BHP and Rio's Robe River...
- Pilbara lines declared open access. // Railway Gazette International;Dec2008, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p942
The article announces the declaration of Commonwealth Treasurer Wayne Swan about the open access of BHP Billiton's Goldsworthy railway and Rio Tinto's Robe River and Hamersley lines under the National Access Regime within the Trade Practices Act 1974. Swan furthered that process is designed to...
- Capacity expansion flags up asset MANAGEMENT challenges. Darby, Mike; Mutton, Peter; Tew, Graham // Railway Gazette International;Mar2004, Vol. 160 Issue 3, p139
Deals with the ability of BHP Billiton Iron Ore to expand the capacity of its heavy haul rail network in Western Australia. Event that triggered the company to expand its capacity; Factor responsible for the increase in total rail network; Way in which the company has increased capacity on its...