RISK SUMMARY: LITHUANIA
- GTE, others set new risk standard. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;3/8/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p1
Reports that a group of financial institutions including GTE Investment Management Corp., is attempting to standardize the way institutional investors view and manage risk. Planned launch of the Measurisk.com Internet-based risk service company; Use of economies of scale to make high-level risk...
- Basel On Ops Risk: Judgment Over Data? Garver, Rob // American Banker;1/2/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 1, p1
Discusses the guidelines issued by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision to formulate the rules for operational risk management by financial institutions. Three factors used to ensure the safety of the global banking system; Focus of the committee's approach; Provisions of the guidelines...
- Measure for Measure. Stern, Eugene // Financial Planning;Nov2001, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p75
Focuses on risk-evaluation measures developed by several financial institutions to improve financial planning. Several questions to ask to estimate the tolerance risk of a client; Tips on assessing the risk of a portfolio; Impact of the volatility of a portfolio on risk analysis.
- IDW fordert Transparenz bei Spanien-Engagements. // Risiko Manager;2012, Issue 17/18, p4
The article reports on statements by Klaus-Peter Naumann, the chairman of the Institut der WirtschaftsprÃ¼fer (Institute of Business Auditors, IDW) of Germany, concerning the risk management and reporting by German banks and insurance companies about their investments in Spain.
- Agency Conflicts and Risk Management. MORELLEC, ERWAN; SMITH JR., CLIFFORD W. // Review of Finance;Mar2007, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
This paper analyzes the relation between agency conflicts and risk management. In contrast to previous contributions, our analysis incorporates not only stockholder-debtholder conflicts but also manager stockholder conflicts. We show that the costs of both underinvestment and overinvestment are...
- Managing differences in economic and regulatory capital: An examination of return of equity (ROE) maximising strategies. Ozdemir, Bogie; Cubukgil, Evren // Journal of Risk Management in Financial Institutions;Autumn2014, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p328
As per their internal capital adequacy assessment process (ICAAP) and own risk and solvency assessment (ORSA) frameworks, financial institutions (FIs) are subject to both regulatory capital (RC) and economic capital (EC) requirements, the maximum of which becomes the binding constraint,...
- New Directions in Risk Management. Drzik, John // Journal of Financial Econometrics;Winter2005, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p26
Following the 1991 recession, financial institutions invested heavily in risk management capabilities. These investments targeted financial (credit, interest rate, and market) risk management. I will show that these investments helped reduce earnings and loss volatility during the 2001...
- MANAGING REGULATORY RISK. // Caribbean Business;11/30/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 47, Special section p17
The article focuses on the measures to be undertaken in managing the regulatory risk of financial losses to the businesses in Puerto Rico. It has been stressed that an efficient regulatory risk management program permits the businesses to conform to the proposed regulatory changes. Timely access...
- AN EXAMINATION OF THE STATISTICAL DISCREPANCY AND PRIVATE INVESTMENT EXPENDITURE. Bajada, Christopher // Journal of Applied Economics;May2001, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p27
Examines statistical discrepancy in national accounts data from Australia. Statistical properties of the discrepancy; Contribution of mismeasurement of private investment expenditure to the size of the statistical discrepancy; Implications of mismeasurement for the business cycle.