EMU Remains Out Of Reach
- Estonia's inflation picks up in June. // Regional Today;7/8/2013, p1
The article reports on the increase in Estonia's annual consumer price inflation in June 2013 due to rising costs which include housing, food and non-alcoholic beverages and clothing and footwear, according to Statistics Estonia.
- Estonia's Fading Euro Prospects. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2006, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p10
Presents an economic outlook for Estonia for 2006-2008. Inability of the state to adopt the euro currency in January 2007; Effect of high oil prices and string domestic demand growth on inflation; Forecast on the annual average inflation dropping from 4.1% in 2005 to 3.7% in 2006.
- Estonia: Drop in demand. // OECD Observer;Dec2008/Jan2009, Issue 270/271, p88
The article presents forecasts on the condition of the economy in Estonia for fiscal year 2009. It mentions that the country's real gross domestic (GDP) is projected to continue to decline in 2009, while its investment is expected to contract by six percent. Furthermore, it notes that Estonia's...
- Credit Boom Peaked? // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p10
The article presents economic forecast for Estonia. The Bank of Estonia expects nominal credit growth rate to reach 37 percent in 2007 and 23 percent in 2008. The gross domestic product (GDP) is expected to grow by 9.5 percent in 2007 and by 6.8 percent on 2008. Inflation rate is projected to...
- Deflation To Remain A Major Problem. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the economic outlook for Estonia. It is expected that deflation will remain firmly in play through the first half of 2010. It is projected that the consumer price growth will not correspond with a marked recovery in demand. It is also anticipated that inflationary...
- Inflation To Moderate. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article offers forecast on the economic outlook in Estonia in 2011. It predicts the nation's inflation to fall steadily to average three percent over the long term based on the performance of the commodity price growth of the country. It adds that the country has experienced consistently...
- Workers Wanted. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2007, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p10
The article presents an economic outlook for Estonia in 2007. Employment growth slowed to 1.9 percent year-on-year in the first quarter and contributed to a drop in the survey-based unemployment rate to 5.3 percent. According to Joaquin Almunia, the European Commissioner for economic and...
- Domestic Demand To Drive Growth. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p10
The article presents an economic forecast in Estonia specifically on the role of domestic demand in economic recovery in 2011. It projects a slowdown on the economic expansion in the second half of 2011 which was associated to the deleveraging process and to the inventory re-stocking effect. The...
- Estonia producer price inflation eases in October. // Regional Today;11/21/2013, p1
The article reports that Estonia's producer price inflation dropped to 4.2 percent in October 2013 from 4.9 percent in September 2013, according to Statistics Estonia.