RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC
- ISRAEL: RISK SUMMARY. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;May2006, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p6
The article offers information on the results of the political, economic and business environment risk assessment in Israel. The political party Kadima is planning to form a center-left coalition, predicted to be unstable due to votes' separation than usual. Meanwhile, the 2005 budget deficit...
- The Dangers Of A Minority Government. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Sep2007, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p2
The article focuses on the risks of a minority government regarding their plans to increase spending to pay for pension hikes in Romania. The minority Liberal Party administration has suggested for a 2.5% of gross domestic product budget deficit. Meanwhile, the opposition Social Democratic Party...
- RISK SUMMARY: CHILE. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Dec2009, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p6
This section presents a risk assessment for Chile in 2009. It is believed that the fiscal deficit of country, which represented 3.8% of gross domestic product (GDP) in September, may become a major issue ahead of December's presidential election. Chile's economic recovery is not expected to have...
- Gaping Current Account Amid Weak Gold Output. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Sep2007, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p9
The article presents information on the current account deficit of Kyrgyzstan which gone off to 23.6% of GDP in 2006, from 8.2% in 2005, as a result of an accident at the Kumtor gold mine in July 2006, which distinguished gold output drop by over 30%. It is hoped that the gold mine will resume...
- Poland: Deficit Remains A Key Risk. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/25/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p16
The article discusses how the fiscal deficit of Poland continues to be a key macroeconomic risk for the country in 2011. It says that the consolidated fiscal deficit of Poland is falling to 6.9 percent of the gross domestic product (GDP) in 2011. According to the author, serious efforts towards...
- US Economy Living Beyond Its Means. // Global Finance;Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the current account deficit in the U.S. Need for dollar depreciation; Instability of the gross domestic product ratio; Assessment of the economic conditions.
- Bank bailout in Slovenia pushes deficit in 2013. // Regional Today;4/1/2014, p3
The article reports on the 2013 government deficit in Slovenia that has reached 5.17 billion euros or 14.7% of gross domestic product (GDP) including the 3.63 billion euros recapitalization of banks carried out in December.
- Hungary gen gov't deficit 0.2% of GDP in Q3. // Hungary A.M.;01/04/2013, p6
The article reports that Hungary's general government deficit was at 17.3 billion forint as of the third quarter of 2013, equivalent to 0.2 percent of the nation's gross domestic product.
- The Disappearing Budget Deficit. Urresta, Lixandra; Schiff, Lenore; al, et // Fortune;6/24/1996, Vol. 133 Issue 12, p32
Comments on the reasons for the shrinking budget deficit. Gross Domestic Product lowest since 1979; Reasons for the decline; Medicare and Social Security predicted to bring the deficit back up.