Oil Boom Or Bust?
- Ahmed bin Abdul Nabi Macki. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2006 Gulf Economic Review, p30
The article presents an interview with Ahmed bin Abdul Nabi Macki, the Minister of National Economy in Oman. When asked about his economic forecasts for Oman in 2006, Macki claims that economic prospects of the Omani economy are expected to be promising. He emphasizes that the provision of...
- Macroeconomic Forecast. // Kuwait Defence & Security Report;Q3 2007, p34
The article forecasts the economic condition in Kuwait from 2007 to 2011. It is expected that the country will have a robust real gross domestic product (GDP) growth due to strong demand in oil and gas sectors. It is anticipated that rise in the oil and gas demands will boost employment,...
- Economic Growth: Outlook. // Pakistan Country Monitor;Aug2010, p3
The article presents the forecast of IHS Global Insight Inc. for the economic growth in Pakistan. Growth is projected to increase through the improvement in domestic demand and manufacturing domestic performance. Real gross domestic product is expected to grow by around 3% in FY 2010 and...
- Change is On the Horizon. Lawer, Betsy // Alaska Business Monthly;Jan2015, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p38
The article focuses on the economic forecast for Alaska for 2015. It discusses the economic aspects of the oil industry of Alaska in the wake of falling oil prices. Topics discussed include job growth in the private and oil sector, the economic aspects of Alaskan-owned companies and expected...
- CROATIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Jul2010, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p11
The article offers information related to political risk and economic forecasts in Croatia which includes the workforce risk poses by Croatian Prime Minister Jadranka Kosor's decision to enforce economic reforms, the prediction of continual drop of unemployment, and prediction for investment...
- Columbus Forecast 2013. Oakes, Michael J. // Indiana Business Review;Winter2012, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p18
The article presents an economic forecast for Columbus, Indiana in 2013. According to the author, total resident employment in the Columbus Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) and Bartholomew County reached an all-time high in July 2012. The author adds that total area employment in the Columbus...
- BBVA Watch: Weekly Economic and Financial Review. // Caribbean Business;6/2/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p15
The article focuses on the various developments related to economy of Puerto Rico that include the increase in the sale of new homes by 7.3 percent, fall in nonfarm employment by 1.4 percent, and decline in the total nonfarm employment by 12,600 jobs in Puerto Rico.
- HUMAN RESOURCES. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/29/2013, Vol. 42 Issue 37, p7
The article reports on the nonfarm payroll employment of Utah for March 2013 which grew by an estimated four percent, with an addition of 48,700 jobs to the economy as compared to March 2012.
- Main attractions. Liddle, Sam // Money Marketing;10/28/2010, p36
In this article the author discusses the uncertain macro-economic outlook for Western economies which he believes strongly reflects low employment and weak housing markets.