VIETNAM: RISK SUMMARY
- A New Vietnam? // Christian Science Monitor;4/26/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 106, p10
Discusses the outlook for the relations between the United States and Vietnam, in light of the appointment of Nong Duc Manh to lead the Communist Party.
- Vietnam. David Koh // Regional Outlook;2011/2012 Southeast, p74
The article presents a political outlook in Vietnam. It states that the 2011 National Congress of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) would serve as a justification for all the political developments in Vietnam during the five years thereafter. It mentions that the CPV will seek for new General...
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2005 4th Quarter, p3
Presents a political outlook of Vietnam as of October 2005. Role of General Secretary Nong Duc Manh in leading the fight against political corruption; Improvement in foreign relations with the U.S. after the historic visit of Prime Minister Phan Van Khai in the country; Determination of the...
- Economic Structure and Context: Development and Strategy. // Vietnam Country Monitor;Jan2012, p15
The article discusses the economic implications of economic reforms in Vietnam. It states that the election of moderate reformist Nong Duc Manh in April 2011 helped to advance the economic reforms. It highlights the development of the economic reforms, the political efforts towards the reforms,...
- Embracing religion. // National Catholic Reporter;5/5/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 27, p3
The article reports on the ordination of 57 priests in 2005 at the St. Joseph Cathedral in Hanoi, Vietnam. The event was part of the reform agenda of the Vietnam Communist Party's general secretary Nong Duc Manh regarding religious freedom. The Vietnamese government has been noted for its...
- For people-to-people solidarity with Vietnam. Boyle, Peter // Green Left Weekly;9/9/2009, Issue 809, p16
The article reports on the upcoming official visit of Communist Party of Vietnam Secretary General Nong Duc Manh in Australia from September 6-9, 2009 to discuss the countries' bilateral relations with Prime Minister Kevin Rudd.
- Ho Chi Minh's Love Child. Nichols, Hans S. // Insight on the News;05/28/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p14
Discusses the rumor that Nong Duc Manh, general secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam is the son of Ho Chi Minh, a communist revolutionary in the 1930s. Similarities between Nong Duc Manh and Ho Chi Minh; Reaction of Manh to the rumor; Implications of the rumor to the popularity of Nong...
- Economic Structure and Context: Development and Strategy. // Vietnam Country Monitor;Feb2012, p15
The article provides an overview of the development of the economic structure of Vietnam for 2012. The election of reformist Nong Duc Manh in April 2001 has helped in coalescing consensus for further economic reforms. It expects a similar evolution of the country since China has opened its...
- Vietnam: Correction Overdue, But L-T Outlook Bright. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/1/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the economic condition of Vietnam as of May 2006. Concerns of the government on the payment of non-performing loans; Emphasis on economic reform in the agenda of Nong Duc Manh, general secretary of the Communist Part of Vietnam; Status of corruption in the country.