Tackling Population Decline
- Emigration and its Impact on The State Economics. Ciuleviciene, Vida // Economic Science for Rural Development Conference Proceedings;2012, Issue 27, p49
The article analyses the emigration of Lithuanian citizens in the period of 2001-2010 and its impact on the state economics. Lithuania has the highest scope of emigration in the EU and there is an increasing tendency. More than 330 thousand citizens have emigrated during the period analysed....
- DEKLARUOTOS EMIGRACIJOS IR NEDARBO TERITORINIAI YPATUMAI LIETUVOJE 2005-2009 M. Stanaitis, Saulius // Bridges / Tiltai;2011, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p139
The article contains a territorial analysis of the indices of unemployment and declared emigration in 2005-2009 on a municipal level. The levels of unemployment and emigration in the periods before the economic decline (2005-2008) and during the economic decline (2009) were compared. Based on...
- Inflation Continues To Rise. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2006, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p12
The article presents information on the economic indicators in Lithuania. For the first eight months of 2006, consumer price inflation has averaged 3.7% but above 4% in July and August. Food prices, which rose by more than 4% in the 12 months to August, comprised 30% of the headline inflation...
- Oil Trouble. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p12
The article presents an economic forecast for Lithuania. The decrease in the production capacity of Mazeikiu Nafta, the largest oil refinery in the Baltic states, is expected to hamper economic growth and affect the country's fiscal condition, being the country's largest taxpayer. The company's...
- Advance Release Calendar. // External Statistics (Quarterly);2012, Issue 4, p142
A calendar is presented on the reference period, release date and release date of revised data of the economic indicators in Lithuania, including official reserve assets, foreign direct investment and balance of payments.
- The Incredible Shrinking Country. Goff, John // Global Finance;Apr2015, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p21
The article reports on the economic condition in Lithuania as of 2015. Topics discussed include the country's unemployment rate, population growth, and the number of departing Lithuanians. Also mentioned is information on foreign direct investments (FDIs), gross domestic product (GDP), and...
- Eurozone Hopes Dashed. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jul2006, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p12
Offers an economic outlook for Lithuania for 2006. Responses of local headline writers to the European Commission's announcement that Lithuania does not fulfill the necessary criteria to adopt the euro in January 2007; Status of the country's budget deficit; Outlook on inflation.
- Deflation To Continue. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p11
The article analyzes the economic outlook for Lithuania from 2010-2014. It notes that deflation will continue through the first half of 2010. It further states that inflationary pressures is projected to remain weak into 2011. Moreover, it mentions that consumer price inflation will come in at...
- Lithuania's HICP inflation eases for ninth month. // Regional Today;10/10/2013, p1
The article reports on the 1.8 percent decline in the average annual inflation rate in Lithuania based on the harmonized index of consumer prices (HICP) in September 2013.