RISK SUMMARY: SLOVAKIA
- Slovakia. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: The Slovak Republic;Jul2010, p1
The article offers information about the Slovak Republic. It has an area of 48,845 square kilometers and an annual population growth rate of 0.13% as of 2001. The capital of Slovakia is Bratislava and it is surrounded with high mountains in the north, low mountains in the center, hills to the...
- Life after the Velvet Divorce. Roxburgh, Angus // New Statesman;2/28/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 5199, p34
The article looks at Slovakia as of 2014, focusing on the political and economic development of the country since its creation in 1993 when Czechoslovakia was divided into two independent states, Czech Republic and Slovakia. The author says that Slovakia has prospered over this period and that...
- Country Forecast. // Political Risk Yearbook: Slovak Republic Country Report;2009, p2
The article reports on economic and political forecasts for Slovakia. According to recent polls, the main governing Smer-Social Democracy party is capable of winning the majority if an election takes place. Forecasted annual inflation and real gross domestic product (GDP) growth from 2009 to...
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: The Slovak Republic;January 2005, p8
Deals with the economic condition in Slovakia as of January 2005. Transformation of Slovakia from a centrally planned economy to a modern market-oriented economy; Growth of the country's economy in 2003; Forecast on the inflation rate; Economic relations between Slovakia and Germany.
- SLOVAKIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p8
The article offers news briefs in Slovakia including the political risk, economic risk and business.
- SLOVAKIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2011, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p8
The article presents a summary of political and economic risks, as well as the business structure of Slovakia.
- SLOVAKIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p8
The article presents the political, economic and business risks of Slovakia in 2010 which include the public support for the Social Democracy (Smer) party, the increase in consumer price inflation to 0.3% year-on-year in March and the belief of investors that lack of transparency and corruption...
- SLOVAKIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article reports on the political, economic, and business environment risks in Slovakia including the centre-right coalition which secures a winning vote in the Parliament on its policy mandate, an increase on consumer price inflation by 1.0 percent year-on-year from the data released by the...
- Country Reports - Slovakia. // Slovakia Country Monitor;2015, p1
A country report for Slovakia is presented from publisher IHS Inc., with topics including economic growth, political and economic risks, and economic forecasting.