The EU Windfall
- PLN: Further To Run. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/9/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the expected near-term continued appreciation of the Polish zloty (PLN) towards a 3.9100 Polish zloty per Euro level. It mentions that although the currency is on a generally increasing trend in the medium term, the zloty could encounter inconsistent and unpredictable...
- Economic Overview. // Poland Country Review;2012, p75
The article offers an overview of the economic condition and policy of Poland in 2012, as well as its economic performance and financial regulations.
- THE POLISH ANSWER. CANNON, LUCJA SWIATKOWSKI // Foreign Affairs;May2014, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p201
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Poland" by Mitchell Orenstein which appeared in the January/February 2014 issue.
- Country Intelligence: Report: Poland. // Poland Country Monitor;Dec2013, p1
The report presents an economic outlook of Poland as of December 2013. An overview of the country's economic condition and exchange rates is provided as well its demographics. Updates on its economic development are offered, along with its policy outlook on fiscal and monetary policy. Graphic...
- DÅUG KRAJOWY I ZAGRANICZNY POLSKI. Rutkowski, Jerzy // Przeglad Zachodni;2012, Issue 2, p171
The beginning of a global economic crisis can be identified with the collapse of Lehman Brothers, an American investment bank. Liberalization and deregulation processes enhanced competition on the market of goods and services and also on the market of loans, granted to persons and entities of...
- OTWARTOÅšÄ† GOSPODARKI POLSKIEJ A INTEGRACJA ZE STREFÄ„ EURO. SZYMANIK, EWA // Przeglad Zachodni;2011, Issue 3, p209
The article presents the results of a study on dependencies between selected indicators of the openness of an economy on the one hand and the degree of its integration with the eurozone and the perspective of adopting this common currency on the other. It follows that satisfying the criteria of...
- Poland. Orenstein, Mitchell A. // Foreign Affairs;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p23
The article looks at economic conditions, economic policy, and government in Poland, as of 2014. It outlines the country's history, including its lack of sovereignty in the 19th century, the severe impact of World War II, and the post-war period of communist domination. It describes its rapid...
- Poland current account gap widens. // Regional Today;3/18/2014, p2
The article reports that the current account deficit of Poland has increased to 1.135 billion euros in January 2014 from 843 million euros the previous month.
- Poland: Budget Assumptions Outlined. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/14/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p14
The article presents budget assumptions for Poland's. The authors believe that the zloty can post some further gains, perhaps as far as 3.600 zloty/Euro. They cite that sizeable capital inflows will continue. It is noted that when the costs of the pension deficit payments were included into the...